[ 2 ]

[ jisung pov ]

10 minutes. i only have 10 minutes to get the money. i waited impatiently for the traffic light to turn green. beep. beep. beep.

the sound from the speaker started. i picked up my pace and crossed. when i accidentally hit someone's hand, i cursed internally and turned towards the green haired person, mumbling a sorry and continued walking. i ran towards the warehouse a few metres away.

i entered, pushing the doors. "okay. i did it. now the money, please." i said as i walked closer to chanhyuk.

"what did you do exactly?" he asked with a smirk, hands together.

"i put the cocaine in ryujin's drink, and sprayed black paint on his house. here's evidence." i showed him my hands that were covered in black paint. "now, our deal."

chanhyuk laughed evilly, as he nodded in approval, "very well. here. 50 bucks."

"you said a 100 this time. i fucking broke the law for you chanhyuk, and this isn't the first time. 100." i fought. i did this multiple times. i didn't really want to do it, i was just left with this option. my mom is really sick and i really need money.

"fine, 100." he passed me the other deck of 50 dollar notes.

i quickly left, not wanting to be part of this anymore. in total, i got 5000, including the money i brought from home, it was enough for mom's operation. i ran towards seohan hospital. remembering my dirty hands, i went to the bathroom to wash it off, before running towards my mom.

"eomma, doctor! i got 5000! please, save my mom." i walked towards my mom, tears threatening to escape.

"oh, my boy."

"you're going to be fine, eomma. i know that."

"thank you so much, my son. i don't know how to ever repay you."

"you're my mom. just come out safely to repay me. then, we can live like how we used to." i hugged my mom once more before i nodded at the doctor, signalling him that they can leave with my mom.

"the survival rate is 85%. based on your mom's condition, she will be okay." the doctor explained. i nodded and thanked the doctor and left.

as i walked home, i breathed in the fresh air. i was finally done with doing illegal activity. bills are paid and my mom will be okay. as i walked towards my apartment, i saw two people, struggling with their 4 luggage.

"let me help you." i reach out my hand to hold two luggage.

"thank you- wait, you're that boy! that boy from the road. our hands bumped into each other."

"ah, you're that boy! nice to meet you, i'm park jisung." i introduced myself as we walked up the stairs, carrying the luggage.

"i'm dong sicheng, he's zhong chenle. we're both from china." the guy in a darker skin tone said. i nodded and greeted them again. they both seemed older than me.

we stopped when they arrived at their apartment. i turned to see who was next door (i knew everyone here) and realised that it was me.

"oh, i live next door! you can ask me anything you need." i said. but why would they live here? the room had minimal space, but then again, it was only two of them.

"alright, you seem like a nice boy, jisung. we'll feel free to ask you anything!" sicheng said. i nodded and smiled.

i put the luggage down in their living room and left. i put in the passcode to my house and sighed. i picked up the cans of spray paint and put them in the recycling bins. i'm sorry mom, this was the only way for me to pay your bills.

-
so abit info about jisung is revealed in this chapter! hope y'all aren't confused