Chapter XXXV: "Goodbye... Kihyun"

Depuis le début

"H-how?!"

"We heard them just now! And... Moonsik plus... that Woojin guy too... I think they've left the audience hall by now."

"Got it. Men! Get your night vision goggles now! Your Highness, if it's true that His Majesty and Miss Jung are safe and are out and about inside here, they might've gone through some of the secret passages, we'll also check those out; will talk to you again later, sir!"

MIYEON'S POV

"Kihyun! Don't let go of my hand, okay?"

"Don't worry! I won't! But, where are we going? I can't see anything!..."

"Um... ah! To your room! Let's go!"

"Wait! How do you know the directions? Can you see in the dark?"

"...somehow?"

"What the... don't tell me... you're also an alien?!"

"Kihyun, I love you and all but now's not the time for jokes! I'll explain later!"

From behind us, I could hear some voices.

"WHERE DID THEY GO?! THOSE BRATS!"

Damn it!

I thought I had shot Moonsik already!

And Woojin could still move... Aish...

We ran across the corridors and finally arrived in front of Kihyun's room. I quickly opened the door and we both got inside.

"We need to hide..."

"In my wardrobe room!"

"...You have a wardrobe room?"

"I am the King so of course I have one... Just, go! Open the door on the right."

"Alright... ah! Here we go... wow... how come I didn't know about this?"

"Yeah um... I haven't brought you in here yet so... we can hide in there."

"It'll do... okay, I'll block the door of your bedroom first and then this door as well; I'll be back in a minute!"

"Sure! Just go get the chairs and tables, it'll be fine..."

I let Kihyun sit down on the floor before placing some chairs and tables to block his bedroom's door then, I came back to him inside the wardrobe room; I also blocked the door with some chairs and other things.

(please remember there are no lights inside the palace including in this room)

"We'll be safe here I hope..."

"Okay, so... explain, how the heck can you see in the dark? Like can you really see in the dark?"

"I can see your handsome face looking at me."