Chapter Twenty Seven

-Peter Pan's POV-

I woke up with a pounding headache and an excruciating pain in my chest. With a deep frown, I glanced down towards my chest and my eyes widened at the sight of dried blood staining my green shirt. I frantically looked up, my eyes darting around my surroundings in confusion and panic. I felt the bile rise up my throat and before I could control it, I lurched forward and puked out whatever food was in my stomach.

I coughed vigorously as I gasped for breath while vomiting. My nose involuntarily scrunched up in disgust towards the pungent stench of vomit. Once I had finally calmed down, I staggered to my feet and placed my entire weight against a fairly large stone, and I looked around me and my eyes instantly started to water.

The sky was blood red, and everything around seemed to look dead. The trees' leaves were crippled and the grass beneath my feet was brown. I gulped in absolute mortification. I was in a graveyard. Scrambling away from the stone I was leaning on, I turned around to look at it.

This stone was not just any stone. It was a tombstone – my tombstone.

Peter Pan

1873 – 2017

I let out a frightful sob and snapped my head in all directions, finally coming to the conclusion of where I was. I was in the Underworld. The place I would always land in when I'd temporarily die before Felix would revive me was staring right at me, as if laughing at my pathetic attempt of surviving.

I could not believe that this is where I am now, and where I will be for all eternity. I felt hot, salty tears roll down my cheeks as I stared at my tombstone.

"I'm so sorry, Elisa. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry I have failed you and the Lost Boys." I cried as I fell to my knees and held my face in my hands, my entire body shaking uncontrollably.

"Ah, I was wondering when you'd finally show up." A voice behind me spoke amusedly and I turned around quickly in fright and fell back, propping my elbows in time to keep me sitting up.

The man who spoke towered above me, an evil, twisted smirk on his face.

"Hello, Peter Pan." He spoke tauntingly.

"Hades."

I guess my literal torture spent here begins now.

-Elisa Emerson's POV-

I clutched onto Pan's shirt like my life depended on him and sobbed as I stared at his lifeless, pale face. I bit my lower lip to avoid letting out another violent sob as I recalled a memory of Peter.

-Flashback-

"Talk to your brother, Elisa." He said sincerely.

My eyes widened in disbelief. "What? No! Why would I do that?"

Pan leaned backwards a little as he intently stared at me.

"Well, it's obvious you've got plenty of unanswered questions which only your brother can answer. Elisa, I want you to be at peace, and if talking to Keith will do that, then so be it. I don't care if you resent him - without talking to him, you're going to be lost, and you'll fuck up our plan." He joked at the last bit, I knew he was.

I glared at him playfully and he threw his head back and laughed.

"I'm serious though, you should go talk to him." He said.

I sighed deeply and nodded absentmindedly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I should." I murmured.