nine

Pick up the pieces

Freya watched as Derek walked away

Freya watched as Derek walked away. Her knees felt weak as she sobbed. She turned to look at Scott and boyd. Both boys looked upset for her. She felt her knees give out and fell to the ground. Scott ran over to her. He wrapped his arms around her. she wrapped hers around her neck.

"Hey it's okay" he whispered rubbing her back. Freya just sobbed and squeezed him tighter. Her sqeezed her back understanding her pain.

"Sc-Scott I-I can't do this" she choked closing her eyes. When she watched Derek walk away it was like he had ripped her heart out. She couldn't Deny her feelings for him any more. She felt so many emotions run through her all at once. She had never felt so deeply for another person before. Scott pulled away and sat next to her still rubbing her back.

"You can Frey you're so strong, you've been through so much" he said. He didn't know how to make her feel better but he would defiantly try. Boyd stood awkwardly watching his friend break. He never thought he'd see the day she fully broke down sobbing. He knew he had to leave but he didn't want to.

"He-he knew everything, I-I told him ab-about everything that hurt me and sh-shapped me" she sobbed. Scott just stat and listened to her. She threw her hands up.

"I-I let my gard d-down he-" Scott shhed her rubbing her back.

"It's okay I promise. I know it's not right now but it will be I promise" he reassured. Freya rested her head on his shoulder. She was calming down slowly.

"I've never felt heart break until now it felt like he ripped my heart out why would he do that I thought he cared" she turned her face burying it further into his shoulder and gripped his shirt. Scott sighed and pulled her closer to him.

"I know Frey I know" he sighed. Freya knew they had bigger things to worry about but at the moment she hurt. She hurt worse than she thought she did.

"Why would he do that" she asked her voice cracking. Boyd sighed and started walking away.

"I'm going to find out" he said to them. Scott didn't want to say anything but he listened to Derek's heart beat he knew he was lying but Scott couldn't find it in his heart to tell Freya and give her false hope. The two sat there for about 10 more minutes before Freya sighed. She lifted her head off of Scott's shoulder and wiped her sore eyes. Scott looked at her as she stood up he stood with her.

"You okay?" He asked. Freya sighed.

"No but we have more important things to deal with like saving lydia" Scott smiles and nods at her strength. The two walk in to the school.

______

Boyd walks up to Derek who is waiting with Isaac and Erica a block from Scott's house.

"What the hell was that Derek?" Boyd ask causing Isaac and Erica to look at him. Derek kept his face hard looking straight ahead.

"None of your concern" Derek stated coldly. He couldn't show how much he really hurt inside. He just because he knew just how much he had hurt the girl who had done nothing but care about him.

"None of my concern I just watched a girl who is tougher than nails and barely cries full on break down! I'm talking on her knees sobbing break down how could you do that to her?" Boyd ask yelling. Isaac glances between the two.

"What happened?" He ask. Boyd looks at him before looking back at Derek a cold look on his face.

"What happened is Derek just told Freya all he wanted was sex from her and he never cared about her! He then proceeded to tell her she was delusional I then had to watch her sob for half an hour into Scott's arms on the ground" he yells throwing his hand in the air in frustration. Isaac felt irritated. Freya was nothing but sweet to him. He knew she was a fragile girl hiding under a rough exterior.

"It's safer for her to hate me" Derek shrugged. Boyd rolled his eyes.

"Safer for her? Or you?" Boyd asked annoyed.

"Her of course it's for her I ca- we were just having sex she'd eventually get hurt anyway?" Isaac and boyd catch the slip up of Derek almost saying he cares so Isaac laughs sarcastically.

"You know what I think? I think you both lie to yourselves and every one else just so neither of you can get hurt again that obviously didn't work for her" Isaac states. Boyd agrees and Derek growls. Erica rolls her eyes.

"Boo-hoo Freya cried so what we all know she's just an emotional damaged little bitch wh-" she was cut off by Derek pushing her up against a car growling in her face.  Erica whimpers and sinks down a bit. Boyd and Isaac share a look before watching with smug faces.

"Don't you dare speak about her like that" he spits standing straight " and be careful with us damaged people we're more dangerous than most cause we can make hell feel like home" he started to walk away.

"And I assure you Freya can adjust to anything she's stronger than you think in more ways then one" he states.

"Just sex he says" Isaac says rolling his eyes with a smirk.

"Doesn't care he says" Boyd adds high fives isaac. Derek growls ahead of them.

"Lets go!" He yells annoyed. He couldn't sit back at watch Erica bash Freya like that! He refused to let anyone talk bad about a girl they knew nothing about. He knew more about her than her own family. he knew she could handle anything life threw at her including him.

They all stopped in front of Scott's house which held Lydia, Stiles, Allison and jackson. He would do whatever it took to get rid of the kanima before it hurt anyone else. Especially before it hurt Freya.