seven

Jealous

Scott, Freya and Stiles stood at the back of Scott's car a laptop on top copying and pasting the beastiary pages

"What language is that? How can we find anything out about it if we can't understand the beastiary" Stiles groaned throwing his hands to the side and rolling his head.

"Its called a kanima" the three turned at the sound of Derek's voice. Freya felt angered at him. But stood shocked

"Wait that was a kanima?" She asked with wide eye's crossing her arms. Derek couldn't look at her for more than a second. He just kept repeating in his head 'safer for her to hate me'

"Yeah You know about them?" He asked.

"Um my brother was almost killed by one at age 4 he told me what he remembered" she sighed looking down. Derek thought for a moment he had encountered one at 5 with his friend he couldn't remember his name though. Stiles looked between the two everyone could sense the tension. Erica was smug about it.

"Wait you knew this whole time!?" Stiles asked angrily throwing his hands up.

"No only when it was confused by it's own reflection" Derek sighed refusing to look at freya.

"It doesn't know what it is" Freya concluded. Everyone glanced at her.

"Or who" Derek added nodding.

"What else do you know about it?" Scott asked looking between Derek and Erica. He could smell the smugness radiation off of her as well as the rage from freya.

"Just stories rumors mostly" he replied crossing his arms.

"It's incredibly hard to kill or injure." Freya added.

"But it's like us?" Scott asked jestering between him and Derek.

"A shape shifter yes but it's not right almost like a-" Derek licked his lips looking around to find the right words to say.

"An abomination" Stiles finished. All eyes went to him. Derek looked impressed but nodded. He turned to walk away when Freya spoke up.

"Derek we need to work together on this us and Scott" she said not really sure if there was an us between her and Derek anymore. Derek turned back to them.

"Maybe even tell the Argents" Scott added. Freya shot him a look saying that's too far.

"You're going to trust them!" Derek yelled at Scott stepping closer. Freya took a step closer to Scott feeling her protectiveness run through her body.