Chapter 54

Chapter 54

ECHO'S POV

*The next day*

I got home from work about an hour before Haven did and was just relaxing on the couch when there was a knock on the door.

I got up and opened the door to see my dad.

"Da-"

"Pack your shit, you're coming home with me right now."

"What? Dad, I live here now."

"I don't want you getting hurt!"

"Dad! What on earth are you talking about? You know I'm safe with Haven."

"What about the fire?"

"Oh my God." I groaned. "It was a small grease fire!

"Still a fire! He's not responsible, Echo!"

"Look, I'm not hurt and neither is Haven! Look over at the stove, there is no evidence of it! We're only eighteen dad, we're going to make mistakes and you have to let us! You can't just swoop in and protect me from the world dad! You have to let go and let me grow up!"

He groaned and sat down on the couch, putting his head in his hands.

"I-I just...can't."

"Dad, you have to try. You still have Davey, Nate and Legacy, you can't forget about them."

"I miss having you in the house, seeing you everyday."

"I miss you too dad, all of you, but I need to grow up."

"I know, it's just....it's hard."

"Dad, I still make an effort to come see you guys. Even if it's on the phone, I try to talk to you at least once a week."

"I know, it's just not the same."

"Dad, focus on the other three kids, focus on mom for God sakes, focus on the band! Focus on anything but me! I don't want your life to revolve around me."

"I'll try."

"That's all I'm asking for."

"I love you Echo." He smiled.

"I love you too dad." I said, hugging him and watching as he walked out of my apartment.

*******************************

40 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER