Chapter 15

Chapter 15

ECHO'S POV

*One Week Later*

Haven and I were sitting at a bench at a park after school.

"When are we going to tell our parents?" Haven asked, grabbing my hand.

"Soon, I'm just scared of my dad's reaction." I siad, kicking my feet.

"No matter what, I'll be here for you." He said, kissing my cheek. My gaze wandered over to an lady who looked to be in her late fifties. She had been staring at me for five minutes.

"What's wrong babe?"

"That lady has been staring at me for five minutes."

"Do you know her?"

"No!" All of a sudden, she got up and walked over to us, my grip on Haven's hand getting tighter.

"Excuse me, do you know Niki...Biersack." She said the last name through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, she's my mom."

"Oh, you look so much like your mom. So pretty." She said, reaching out and touching my face.

"Um, who are you?" I asked, pushing her hand away.

"You don't know who I am?"

"Um, no."

"Your parents must have not told you. Is your mother still with that...hooligan?"

"You mean my father, Andy? Yeah."

"Such a shame. She could've done so much better."

"Who the fuck are you?" I exclaimed.

"I know your mother did not raise you to use that type of languge. Must have been your delinquent father."

"Can you stop disrespecting my family and tell me who the hell you are and why you've been starting at me."

"I'm your grandmother."

"What? No! My grandparents live in Ohio!"

"I'm your mom's mother."

"No you're not. My mom's parents died before I was born."

"Just give your mom this for me." She said, handing me a piece of paper.

"You're not my grandma. She's not going to believe you."

"Fine, then take a picture of me."

"If I take a picture of you, will you leave me alone?"

"Yes." I sighed and took a picture of her. She smiled and hugged me before walking away.

"What in the hell." Haven said.

"I don't know.But, I have a feeling my parents haven't exactly been truthful with me." I said.

***

"Hey honey, how was school?" My mom asked.

"It was fine. Haven and I went to the park after school to wait for his dad and this lady was staring at me for like five minutes."

"Well, you do have rockstars for parents." She said.

"Yeah, but she was like in her late fifties. Anyway, she came over to me and started talking bad about dad."

"Really?"

"Yeah, she called him a hooligan and a delinquent. She also told me she was my grandmother, your mother." I said, pointing at my mom and all the color drained from her face.