Chapter 85

Chapter 85

ECHO'S POV

*One Year Later*

I stood in the pregnancy test aisle, trying to decide which box to buy. I've been throwing up for the past week and I've been really tired.

"Echo?" I jumped and turned to see Riot.

"Riot! Hi!" I said, trying to step out of the aisle.

"What'cha doing?"

"You know, just shopping." I reached my hand out and grabbed a box, turning to see it was a box of condoms. "Um, not for that." I said, putting it back. 

"Echo, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I said, looking around the aisle for something I could grab, nothing. "Oops, look like I'm in the wrong aisle."

"Echo, I saw you looking at the pregnancy tests." She said and I groaned.

"Please don't tell anyone." I begged.

"Are you?"

"I don't know, I've just been throwing up and sleeping a lot for the past week."

"Here, go buy this and then go into the bathroom and take it." She said, grabbing a box and handing it to me.

"Um, can you wait for me? You know, while I go take it?" 

"Of course." She smiled. I went up to the cashier and payed for the test. I ran to the bathroom and did what I needed to do, setting the timer on my phone for five minutes. I paced the bathroom the whole time. I'm not ready to be a parent, and what if Haven isn't ready either?

My phone's alarm went off  and I looked at the test. Positive. I bit my lip and threw away the test, leaving the bathroom.

"What was it?" Riot asked. I walked past her and walked out of the store. I sat on the bench next to the door and put my head in my hands.

"Echo." Riot said, walking out and sitting next to me. "What did the test say?"

"Positive." I said, beginning to cry.

"That's great!"

"No it's not!"

"Why not?"

"I'm not ready for a baby! I don't know how the hell Haven is going to react, god, I'm freaking out." I mumbled.

"It's okay Echo. Everything will be okay. Haven will be thrilled. You guys will be fine." I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Can we keep this a secret between you and me?"

"Of course Echo."

"Thanks, I just have to figure out how to break the news."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out." She smiled.

**********************************************************************************

How will Haven react?

Listening to Whiskey Lullaby~ Alison Krauss and Brad Paisley

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER