Chapter 5

Chapter 5

ECHO'S POV

*One Week Later*

"Echo." My mom said as I was about to walk out the door. Since Haven and I are no longer speaking to each other, Davey and I have been taking the bus to school.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Why don't you invite Steven over for dinner tonight? Bring him home after school. We'd love to meet him."

"Alright." I said as Davey and I walked out the door. We walked down the street and stopped at the bus stop, waiting.

"I wish you and Haven were still talking." Davey whined.

"I know."

"I hate getting up early."

"I know."

"Why are you and Hav-"

"Can we please just stop talking about Haven!"

"Okay, okay, fine! Jeez." He said, rolling his eyes. In order to catch the bus, we now had to wake up about ten minutes earlier to make the bus on time. For me it wasn't bad but it was like we were being tortured in Davey's mind. He definitely got my dad's laziness, that's for sure.

The bus arrived and we got on, scooting into the first seat we saw. I pulled my phone out and plugged in my headphones, turning on the Wretched and Divine album, this was definitely my favorite album by them. We got to school and I took my headphones out, putting my phone back in my bag.

I walked into the school, said goodbye to Davey and went to my locker. I was in the process of pulling stuff out when Steven came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on top of my head.

"Hey there." I chuckled, turning around and kissing his lips.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"I was hoping it wasn't a stranger holding me."

"Well, it's not." He smiled, kisisng me again. I heard someone groan in disgust and looked to see Haven walking by.

"Fuck off Haven."

"Man, what the fuck is your problem?" Steven asked, going after Haven but I pulled him back.

"He's not worth it." I said, gripping Steven's face and kissing him. I broke the kiss and looked to see Haven was gone.

"He just pisses me off so much."

"I know, just try not to pay attention to him, alright? You need to make a good impresison."

"What do you mean?"

"Haven is a family friend. It wouldn't look very good to my parents if you beat up my parent's best friends's son."

"Oh, I see."

"Speaking of my parents, do you want to come home with me after school? My parents invited you over for dinner."

"Sounds good. I'll have to tell my mom, but sure."

"Awesome."

"How do you get home?"

"MY brother and I ride the bus."

"I can give you a ride home."

"You drive?"

"I'm sixteen. Of course I drive."

"Oh, well sure. Do you mind if my brother rides home with us?"