Chapter 40: Home

Chapter 40: Home

ECHO'S POV

*One Week Later*

"Hey Echo, you ready?" My dad asked, walking into the room with my mom.

"Yeah. Can you help me off the bed?" He nodded and walked over. He got on my left side and put my arm around his shoulder, helping me down onto my right foot. He handed me my crutches and I leaned on them, letting my foot hover above the ground.

"This is going to get annoying."

"You have two months with these, you'll learn and get better." My dad smirked. "Come on." He said, the three of us walking out of the room. We walked down the hall and out of the hospital. My dad helped me into the car and we drove home.

We got home and my dad carried me up the stairs to my room. He laid me in my bed and leaned my cruches against the wall next to my bed.

"Call your mom or me if you need anything, okay?" My dad asked and I nodded. He smiled at me before leaving the room and I turned onto my side, finally getting good sleep since my acciendent.

***

"Echo." My mom said, knocking on my door, waking me up.

"Yeah?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Haven is here to see you." She said, poking her head in.

"Okay." I said and she walked away, Haven walking in a few seconds later and I sat up.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said. He sighed and sat down at the edge of my bed. 

"Oh, here." He said, handing me a folder.

"What's this?" I asked, opening it up and looking at the papers inside.

"I dropped by all of your classes and got all of your homework for you. I was thinking that, until you go back to school, you could use this time to catch up. I-I could help you if you needed it."

"Thanks Haven." I smiled, closing the folder and placing it next to me.

"That's actually not the only reason I came over here."

"What's the other reason?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow, like on a date. I know you just got out of the hospital but it's the last thing I can think of to try to jog your memory."

"Sure."

"Great. Well, I should be getting home. See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow." He hugged me before leaving my room. I really wish I could remember him.

************************************************************************************

50 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER