deux

"i used to find things about me that were wrong to me, but then you came along and showed me where i was wrong

"i used to find things about me that were wrong to me, but then you came along and showed me where i was wrong. so thank you cause im where i belong".

mingi sat in the kitchen of his dorm room, stirring the spoon in his cereal seeing the pieces move around.

"good morning everyone!" suddenly his face lit up when he heard a particular voice, hongjoong.

"ah g-good morning hyung" mingi stood up grabbing his bowl of cereal as he walked to the sink still embarrassed and sad about yesterday.

"ah mingi i need to talk to you", mingi almost dropped the bowl in his hands before it fell right into the sink. "yah! don't break anymore bowls we're on a budget here" seongwha scolded the male as he flicked him on the back of his neck.

"s-sorry hyung it won't happen again" he rubbed the back of his neck bowing slightly as he walked towards hongjoong.

"what do you want to talk to me about?" he asked still rubbing his neck that was burning slightly. "it's about your rap in one of the songs it needs a bit of fixing not a lot but just a tad bit, can you come to my studio in like 10 mins?".

mingi nodded a small smile creeping on his face, although he felt bad that he needed to fix on his rap he felt happy that hongjoong was helping him with that.

he always doubted in himself, and whenever he'd get some sort of praise from the older he would feel validated or just some sort of accomplishment. his opinion just mattered a lot to him.

10 mins had passed by and mingi was on his way towards hongjoong's studio, he stood outside of his room for a mere second before taking a deep breath walking in.

"hey" he softly said, hongjoong turned around taking off his head phones placing it on his desk. "ah you're here i have something for you" mingi looked confused but also scared his heart began to beat faster not knowing what would happen next.

"you uh left this here yesterday, i also want to apologize for falling asleep i know we had plans to go out but i haven't really gotten any sleep lately" hongjoong handed mingi his jacket as he took it in hand.

"oh, that's fine really you don't need to apologize i understand you're tired you have been working really hard this past week i just wanted you to have a lil time for yourself". hongjoong's cheek had a small tint of pink as he smiled seeing mingi's concern over him.

"so about that rap-" mingi placed his jacket down sitting on the small couch near the desk. "oh yeah about that, your rap is totally fine i just needed an excuse to ask if you wanted to.. go out somewhere?".

mingi's heart almost jumped out of his chest at what he was hearing if he could he would slap himself to see if it was real or not. "s-sure i would love that" mingi's smile was big and bright at just the thought he actually asked him out. well not really just to hang out yeah.

"okay great! i'll go to your room in a little bit i still have to do some things". mingi nodded as he stood up walking towards the door.

"oh mingi-" hongjoong grabbed the males hand, he turned around hoping one of his dreams were finally coming true "you almost forgot your jacket again" mingi mentally face palmed himself grabbing it.

"t-thank you" he said, hongjoong smiled closing the door as mingi stepped out.

— ♡ —