NINE| TORTURE.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

*•BY ELLIOT AMANZI•*

"You alright?" Flavian asked

"You alright?" Flavian asked. I hadn't noticed that I was just staring out of his bedroom's window absentmindedly.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine," I answered, diverting my attention to him.

Flavian tilted his head, staring at me. "Are you sure?"

If he kept asking me, I'll end up telling him; which will only end horribly.

"What's with the questions?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm just worried about you, you've been acting weird for a couple of days now," he said.

"I said I'm fine, let's just leave it at that, alright?" I said. "Now, tell me, did you figure out a way to communicate with Stavros?"

I was trying to change the topic, and it was blatantly obvious.

Flavian's features saddened, and he looked at the ground. "No, I haven't," he stated. "I miss him so much, Elliot."

I felt awful for him. I can't even imagine the thought of the non-benders taking away my sister.

"I know," I started. "But I have a feeling he'll be okay, he's smarter than we think." I grinned lightly.

"He is," Flavian agreed. "I just hope the non-benders aren't hurting him in any way."

"I hope so too . . ." I said, and the conversation seemed to end there.

After a couple of minutes of comfortable silence, we heard Lisa's voice coming from outside.

"Flavian?" she called. Flavian went to get her, and I just continued staring outside absentmindedly.