Chapter 21 (Jack's dad)

I'm looking out my window, admiring my whole city for the 11th time today. Jack hasn't been home for 4 weeks, instead he's hanging out with his girlfriend Kara. To be honest, my life is so boring without him. It's also never been this quiet. Jack has always been so loud and obnoxious, it's weird not hearing his voice after 5 seconds.

At least he's happy though, and I can't be more happy for him. 

"My son has grown so much." I said, starting to cry. 

I hear a knock at my door and I wiped away my tears. I swim down to the main door. I thought it would be Jack at the door, but it wasn't. Instead it was the owner of the bar. 

"Oh hey Ellis, nice to see you here this fine evening." I said.

I extended my hand to summon my trident. I heard noises coming from upstairs, and then I saw the trident coming towards me (It's like Thor's hammer being summoned, so imagine that but with a trident). It went into my hand and I saw Ellis jump. 

"Sorry about that." I said, straightening my trident. 

"It's fine your highness, but I need to tell you something that I think you should know."

"Oh okay, come on in." I opened the door wider for her and she swam in.

We swam towards the couch and got situated. 

"So what is it." I said, putting my trident to the side. 

"Okay so, I was swimming to a restaurant that can only be found in Sirenia. So once I was done eating, I decided to stop by Kara's. I talked with Kara's mom, but Kara never went downstairs. I decided to leave, and when I was, I was able to see Kara's bedroom window. I saw Kara brushing her hair."

"So wait." I cut her off.

"Jack wasn't there at all." 

"No I didn't see him."

"Did you see him at all in Sirenia."

"No I didn't, but that place is huge, plus I wasn't really looking."

I was really confused, where was my son.

"And here's another thing, I thought I saw Jack and Kara go up to the dock, and apparently I did. Also, I was able to see Jack get up on the dock...and grow legs."

"What!" I yelled.

Ellis covered her face in fear.

"Sorry Ellis."

I sat back down and looked at the ground.

"So, Jack has been on the surface the whole time."

"I'm afraid so sir." Ellis said.

 I sat there for just a few more minutes.

"Thank you Ellis." 

"Your welcome." 

Ellis got up and left the castle, with me still sitting here, comprehending what all Ellis just told me. I got up and went over to my camera system. I unlocked the door and walked in. This room held all the cameras to the whole city. Only I can see them. I installed them ever since the bombing in the movie theater and my....never mind. I sat down on the chair, and opened up the camera closest to the surface. Sure enough I saw Jack swimming up to the surface for the first time apparently.

I also saw another man on the dock helping him up. 

"Now who the hell are you?" 

I zoomed in closer to the man with my son. The video continued to play, and I saw the man give him a necklace. The necklace looked awfully familiar. I then saw Jack grow legs. I banged my fist on the desk.

"How the hell?"

Then I saw the necklace. I saw the necklace in Jack's room plenty of times. He always protected it, rubbing it's surface, keeping it close to him. Now I notice that he never put it on. It's because if he did, he would turn human. I couldn't believe this, why is my son going up to the surface just to meet this man. 

Another thing hit me. Jack never liked Kara, or else he would've stayed there with her. Instead he went to the surface with this man. Jack liked someone all right, and that someone was him. That whole situation with him and Kara must have been a lie and instead it must've been between him and that guy. 

I slammed my fist on the desk another time and decided to throw my vase that had Jack's name on it. 

"He lied to me." I said, crying.

"My son has broken so many rules, and he's the prince. He went up to the surface, lied to me and a lot of other people, I'm pretty sure he got Kara and other people involved, and...he's in love with a guy."

A burst of anger and adrenaline went through me and I summoned my trident. I will find my son and keep him in this house forever. I'll also find this man and kill him. I swam fast out the castle and called my army.

"Go find my son on the surface and also the man hes staying with." I ordered.

"But your highness, we don't have legs." One of my men said. 

I swam back to my castle and grabbed this orange liquid I had. I don't know how the man turned my son into a human, but I'm using the orange liquid, which is called Xenom. Which is mostly venom from a legendary see animal we have here called the Xenomorph. 

I got out of the castle and gave it to my men. 

"Put this on when you get on the dock, and it'll turn you human." I gave them the jar with the liquid.

"Bring my son and the man to me in under 48 hours. I said.

"Yes sir!" All the men yelled in unison. 

They swam off to the surface and I went back into my castle, watching my city now for the 12th time.