Chapter 7 (Mark)

I heard my alarm go off, and it was 8:35. I quickly got dressed while listening to Gone, Gone, Gone by Philip Philips. Once I got dressed, I grabbed the necklace from my desk and put into my pocket. I also brought a bag of clothes for Jack when he changes. I ran down my stairs and out the door. I have never been so active in my life, I also never really moved this fast or woke up this early. I hopped into my car, and drove to the dock. Still listening to the song.

- - - -(Jack)- - - -

I woke up from my dream. I did not want to wake up. I looked out my window, seeing it was bright out in the sea. 

"Oh shit, Mark, 9:00. I gotta go!" I realized.

I got myself situated, and when I was about to leave the castle, I was stopped by my dad.

"And where do you think your going this early?" He asked.

I had to think of an excuse. I couldn't tell him I was going to the surface to visit this human guy that I secretly have a crush on.

"I'm going to go meet Kara out of town, in Sirenia." I said trying to make myself seem excited.

He looked at me with excitement.

"Oh really now, look, I told you that you would like her soon or later." He said. 

He gave me a tight hug, squeezing till I couldn't breath.

"Dad, really." I said trying to breath.

"OK, I won't ruin your date for ya, go on now." He pushed me out the door and waved goodbye.

Then, the doors slammed shut, and I waited there till I was positive he left. I then started swimming away towards Sirenia. But instead of going there, I started swimming up towards the surface. I only started swimming towards Sirenia just in case my dad was watching. Once I made it up to the surface. I saw the dock and on the dock, was Mark.

"Hey Mark!" I didn't say to loudly but loud enough for him to hear.

"Good your here, come here."

I looked at him weirdly, raising one eyebrow. Him saying "come here" made me get nervous. Also I started blushing. 

Oh hair, please don't start glowing.

"Trust me Jack." He said.

I started swimming towards Mark. He reached out his hand to me. I grabbed it and he pulled me up on the dock.

"Mark, what are you doing!" I whisper yelled.

He didn't answer, he just started digging through his pocket. With that, he brought out a beautiful silver necklace with a shell on it. He then grabbed my hand and put the necklace in it. 

"This is special, do not lose it." Mark said.

Trust me, I wasn't.

"I won't. But why?" I asked.

"You'll see, let me put it on for you."

He got behind me and started putting the necklace on. Good thing he couldn't see my face, for my face was probably beat red. Once he fastened it on, I started feeling my tail tingle.

"What the fuck. Mark why is my tail tingling?"

He started smiling. 

"Just watch." 

My tail was tingling so much now, he then pulled out some clothes from his bag he brought. 

"Mark?" I started saying.