Chapter 5 (Mark)

With my eyes closed, I heard this lovely singing voice. the same one as the video. I could feel myself relax. I also felt a hand on my chest. I started opening my eyes, being able to see a beautiful face. He smiled at me before he leaped away back in the ocean. I was not going back in there, knowing he probably won't save me a second time. It was dark out now, with several lamps lighting up the beach. I could hear the peaceful sound of waves. I was able to see him for a second. He had green hair and pale skin. His nose and lips were perfect and I was able to see his eyes. Beautiful, ocean blue eyes. 

Oh my god, how can someone be so perfect.

I decided to call back Andy, remembering he called. He answered immediately.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey man, why didn't you answer when I called?"

"Sorry Andy, I was busy organizing shit in my desk."

"Oh OK, I wanted to ask if you wanted to go to like Buffalo Wild Wings, or something. But it's 11:23 now, would you still like to go?" 

When he mentioned food, I realized how hungry I was.

"Uh, hell yeah. I'm down!" I said

"Good, see you in a minute." 

I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. I got up and started running towards my car. While doing this, I kept thinking about the most beautiful person I've seen. 

- - - -(Jack)- - - -

Oh god, his chocolate brown eyes!

I was able to see his eye color, and they were this perfect chocolate brown color I've ever seen. I felt myself smile as big as I could. I've never felt like this, I don't know what to do. I saw the green light again. This time, I looked at my mirror seeing my hair shining green. My hair has never done this. My dad said that when this happens, that you feel love for another person. This is why it never happened. I smiled some more. 

Wait, am I gay?

I saw my hair glow a brighter green when I thought of the guy again.

OK, yep.

I laid back on my bed, hugging myself tightly. Not only was I gay, but I like a human. I was violating with so many laws. Marcus' words repeated in my head, "You can hide it, like me and Daniel do." This was exactly what I was going to do. I didn't want to tell Marcus or Daniel yet about my discovery, since I don't even know the guys name. I also don't know anything about him. It was pretty dark out in the sea, probably meaning it was late. I decided to go to bed. Once I put my head to my pillow, sleepiness rushed through me, and I fell peacefully asleep. 

- - - -(Mark)- - - -

It was 3:45 a.m. when I decided to leave Andy. I went into my house and up to my bedroom. All I could think about was sleep, nothing else. I climbed into my bed and drifted of to sleep...

I walked into my house , everything was completely normal. I heard my shower running for some reason. Who's here? I saw the bathroom door open. Then the beautiful merman, but he had legs. 

"Hey there Markimoo." He said. 

Markimoo?  

He went towards me wrapping his arms around my neck. 

"I was thinking, we should go to a club or something. It's a Friday night after all." He said. 

What is going on? 

I felt warmth fill up my cheeks.

 "Sure we can, but first..." 

I leaned in to kiss him. 

Why am I doing this? What is going on? 

All my thoughts went away though for all I thought about now, was his soft lips against mine. He pulled away and started speaking, 

"Mark?" I looked at him confused. 

"Yes babe?" I said. 

"Wake up." 

"What?" 

"Mark, wake up!!"

"Wake up man!" I started opening my eyes, seeing Andy shaking me awake. 

"Why did you wake me up?!" I said, anger rising in me. Trust me, I did not want to wake up.

"It's 1:23 in the afternoon, and I wanted something to eat." He said.

"OK, there's food at your house." I was getting annoyed.

"I wanted to go eat lunch with you at a restaurant."

"Really, now? There's a tomorrow, you know that right?"

"Yes, but that new restaurant opened up down the block." 

I started thinking about the merman again for some reason. I still wanted to go see him.

"OK, but maybe later for dinner, I'm not that hungry." 

"OK, that's fine with me. See you in a few bud."

He walked out of my bedroom and out my house. I immediately got out of my bed and put some clothes on. I pulled out a short red sleeved shirt with the words Smile always.

"Thanks Andy." I said while laughing. I decided to put that on and some jean shorts. I got out of my house and to my car. Once I reached the dock, I went to the beach where the merman put me when he saved me. I took of my shoes, letting my feet touch the sand. Man did I love this.

- - - -(Jack)- - - -

I was going up to the surface again. I really wanted to see the human again. I just couldn't help it. Hopefully he was there in the first place. Once I reached the surface, sure enough, I saw the man on the beach. He was playing around with the sand. I smiled. He looked so cute doing this. I started swimming towards him. Why was I doing this? I have no clue. All I know was that I was not in control to my body. It was like a magnet pulling a piece a metal. He was the magnet, I was the metal. Once I was able to touch the sand under the water, he looked up and saw me. 

That's when everything else stopped moving, and all I could focus on was him. He was staring into my eyes while I was into his. Finally he said something,

"Well hello there."

Oh my god, he has such a deep, sexy voice.

"Uh..hi" I said

"So your that merman that saved me?"

"Yep, that's me." I said while pointing at myself.

"The names Mark, nice to finally meet you."

"Well hello Mark, I'm Sean, or my friends call me Jack."

"Hello to you Jack." 

We both started laughing for us acting like royal people, which technically, I am.