Chapter 3 (Jack)

Everybody was out and about because of the sirens. The alarm must've detected the human and decided to go off. I swam back down, telling everyone it's OK, that everybody will be fine. My dad came out and I went to him. 

"Everything OK son?" He asked me.

"Yeah everything's fine." I lied. I was not going to tell him that a human recorded me singing and possibly can show the whole world we exist, I wanted for him to enjoy himself for D. Day. 

"OK good, but why did the sirens go off?" He asked

I stood there for a minute, when I finally came up with something.

"I accidentally switched on the emergency alarm trying to avoid running into an elderly merfolk."

He nodded his head, taking the bait. I was finally able to breath, which I did not realize I was holding my breath. 

"OK, come inside and get changed, it's D. Day after all." My dad said. 

I followed him inside the castle. Atlantis started getting brighter, meaning the sun was coming up. I went to my room in the castle, and laid on my bed.

 "Sara, play Scared of the Dark." I said to my underwater speaker. 

She started playing the song, and I went to my window, resting my arms on the windowsill. What the hell did I do? I just put all of Atlantis into danger. I also lied to my own dad about it. The song kept playing while my thoughts were running through my head. I'm so glad I was able to get access to human music, for it is so much better than the music down here. It's just so calm and not using a lot of instruments. Human music makes me feel more energized, you know. A little tiny seahorse started swimming toward me with a note in it. We like to call these water notes. Very unique name, am I right. The song stopped playing and I took the note out of the seahorses little tail. Once I did, it swam away, back to where it came from. I opened it up to find it was from Kara. 

"Great, now what?" I mumbled while rolling my eyes.

Here's what it said: 

Dear Jack,

It's me, Kara. I'm really excited about D. Day and being able to see you tonight. I also heard Marcus is going, so that's good for you too. Just so you know, I am buying all the drinks for us, OK. I gotta go pick out my dress from the store. Bye now...I love you.

Sincerely, Kara <3

Did she just say 'I love you'? I dropped the note, letting it just start floating down till it hit the ground. I couldn't help but go to my pillow and scream in it. I'm being forced to love someone when I really don't. 

"I'm going to never find out what actual love feels like." I said while crying.

- - - - (Mark)- - - - 

I was looking through my laptop again, seeing all that popped up about merpeople. A lot of it saying how they aren't real. They have no idea. I told Andy to not tell anyone about finding a merman, and he completely understood. I closed my laptop, realizing I have been on it for 6 hours straight and I really needed to go to the restroom, and eat in that matter. I went ahead and also took a shower. When I was done and started fixing my lunch, I went to my phone and started listening to the merman's lovely voice again. It always seems to calm me down, and it succeeded now too. When I was done, I started eating. That's when I made up my mind, I am going to the dock to try to see him, and possibly get some answers.