The Hidden Sin

If she remembers.. Then that must mean.. She remembers that day..

~

It came as no surprise, as it had been eating him alive. What he saw that day made his blood boil. Yet, in comparison, the anger he felt was like nothing he had been feeling within his aching heart.

Taehyung had warned him about her and yet, still, he had decided that he needed to quench his thirst.

Blinded by this aching love for this woman that he had witnessed being used as a sex toy, he too thought and realized that any feelings she had ever once showed him were void. Though, it became evident that he just had to be sure.

It hadn't been long since the incident and Jiu approached him with an expressionless face, as he did her. The silence had the loudest mouth in the room, as Jiu knew something was up.

"I.. I know you're upset. I just need you to tell me why and what exactly you saw.." With a puff of frustration and a roll of his eyes, he ignored her question and just pulled out a cigarette - the first rush of aid to his pain. Her hand immediately stopping his when she heard the lighter, his eyes now piercing through her. Her heart shattered. His pain was so clear. So sheer and fragile, you could cut it with any small, sudden movement. Though, she knew she wouldn't be able to do it without also being cut.

"Was what you felt for me even real?"
"What?"

"Or was I just some sex toy? Just as you seem to be to Namjoon.." The world's view shifted. Her heart was cracking and he heard it. It was the start of their state of brokeness.

"Please, just.. Listen to me.." She took a deep, shaky breath before the tears came. "I know what I do.. I know what I did. I just.. I.. I had no choice." The first sign of outward pain came about, leaving a streamline of it glistening down her cheek. "I had to.. If I didn't have sex with Namjoon, then he would start to suspect us. And I know that he already suspects you.."

His voice shook as he spoke. Yet, still, the authority was there - covered by darkness. The darkness of his heart quivering in pain.

"Of what?" Though it came out as more of a statement, she knew what he had meant. Her frame became smaller than it had previously been and her head dropped farther than before.

"Yoo.. You have to go.." Her eyes glistened with fear and despair. His inquisitive expression told her that he wouldn't go without a better explanation. "You have to leave now. Remember our promise and just go."

"Is this just your trick to cast me aside so that you can be with him?" His voice having a cutting edge to it. It were almost as if he sought to slit her throat with his voice..

"Stop it! Don't be blind! Namjoon is trying to kill you!" The shreds of her heart now pouring out of her eyes, his heart began to show signs of worry.

"You are Namjoon's right hand. And in his words, he was clear on not letting his right hand know what his left hand is doing. Why then should I trust you?"

"Because I Love You." Nothing was said for a moment as he took this opportunity to take a look into her eyes. The eyes that she could see nothing but a blur out of, but were certain that they were looking upon her true love. Reflecting this love into his eyes and down into his heart, he nodded.

"Then come with me."

"I can't."
"And why not?"
"Because then he'll be sure to find us and kill us both. And.. My brother.. I cannot leave him behind.."
"Your brother is older than you. He can take care of himself. Yet, he obviously has not been taking great care of you. What excuses might you have for that? What brother allows his sister to sleep with the very man that they know they could never escape?"

"He did what he thought was best for us. Namjoon had come and given us a home, food, clothing and not only friends, but a family. In the long run, I did not enjoy being used by him, but I thought it was normal. I thought that that was what I was supposed to feel when a man loves me. But then you.. You came through to my heart like a bullet punctures the skin.. And like a vine grows upon older houses, my feelings for you are just as deep-rooted and strong. Which is why I'm telling you to go through with our promise now. Tonight.  I can't just sit around knowing about this plan to kill you and watch you die. I-I-." His lips were no foreigner to hers.

Melting into his arms, she held onto him very tightly. "I Love You." He started. "I know what we promised. But I just can't keep it. You have to come with me."
"But Namjoon-."
"I'll protect you. Now let's go." Grabbing her hand, they went on the move, unaware of the person lurking beyond the shadows listening to their every plan.