The Walk

Footsteps echoing, the walk home was a long one. Though, it hadn't been totally silent.

~

Overtime, as the meetings they had became more and more frequent, Agust D found himself actually beginning to catch Taehyung's gaze once more.

Should I forgive him?

A burning question that only he could answer. Sighing to himself, the one that captured him walked back over to him.

"Hey D. Why are you so distressed?" He shook his head in response. "Don't wanna be bothered? That's fine. It's V, isn't it?" She stated, sipping her drink. His slight movement proved her to be right. Grinning, she cunningly gave him the side eye whilst going for another drink. "Tch. Typical. You guys are too easy to read.. But then again, with Taehyung, I don't have to."

Nothing.

"Why don't you just go over and talk to him?"
"What else am I supposed to say?"
"I don't know. 'Hi'? He'd be very happy to hear you say anything. Don't you see how lost he looks over there? He's sulking."
"Listen. This is not a support group, so-."
"But that doesn't change the fact that you guys are now brothers. Whether or not you wanted that be here, it's just a fact of life now. You just have to understand and decide what you want to do from there. But in all honesty, you guys are going to have to get along. We do a lot of operations together."

And Namjoon is waiting on it.. She thought to herself as she took a sip of her drink.

Sighing, he curled his lips in rebellion to her words. "I'll think about it."

~

"Hey." Taehyung waved, smiling brightly at him as they crossed paths in the hall. His response was nothing more than a head nod. Taehyung, just happy that he managed to receive any type of positive response from him, still sadly stood alone in the hallway each day hoping for something different.

"A-are you coming to tonight's meeting today?" He stammered, causing him to pause in his footsteps. And once again, he nodded. Relieved, Taehyung smiled as he began his offer, "I-I'll have the car ready in back. I'll even wait for you after school."

Another nod followed when the bell rang. His footsteps quickly leaving him, Taehyung shouted away, "I'll see you then!"

~

The time came when all of his classes were over with and made his way to the car. Taehyung's smiling face greeted him along with Kookie's half excited waved. Nodding to both of them, they got in the car for a somewhat silent ride.

"Say, why are you two so quiet all the time?" Kookie asked.
"What? I'm never quiet." Taehyung replied.
"Well, at least you admit it.."

The car ride got silent. Kookie's eyes trailed over to the mirror while Taehyung continued to glance back at him.

He actually spoke to me.. He thought to himself in disbelief.

"I mean.. When you guys are together like this.. You never talk! All you ever do is sit in the back and then when we get there, you only talk to U.G. And all you ever do is stare at him with those sad eyes like a lost puppy. Are you guys going through something?"

Silence followed. Then Taehyung's heart spoke,

"Honestly, Kookie, I don't know. But whatever it is, is a private issue and I'm sorry that you've had to witness it.." His eyes then locked on the mirror which reflected him. "I just hope that it's resolved soon.."

Once there, the boys were taken to a secret spot downtown where they could vandalize the buildings that stood there. "Each of you will take a can based off of the colors you want. And don't worry, I bought plenty of each color in case some of you like the same colors."

Namjoon's eyes landed on him.

"Agust, come join us. You're our brother too." Looking at the others, the one they called Hobi had eyes of cutting daggers.

'You're no brother of mine..' echoed throughout his brain.

"Nah.. I'm cool." He said, backing away from them.

"Agust. Tell me what's wrong."

Looking around again, he took note of the way that Taehyung's eyes were locked on him. They intended not to show his sadness, but failed miserably. He was the one that he was supposed to be answering those questions to. He was the one that was supposed to always be there.. They were supposed to be brothers.. But now, it seems that he had gotten closer to the leader and U.G.

Despite their obvious dispute, he couldn't possibly bring himself to tell Namjoon. So he told half of the truth.

"We're in a police academy and you want us to do something illegal?"

"Whoah, whoah. What we do is not bad. We are the ones that gives policemen their jobs in the first place. If anything, they should be thanking us. We're the reason they even have jobs." Namjoon said as he handed him the can of spraypaint. "We don't do anything illegal, but we keep things interesting.. Go ahead over there to help with V. I see that you two need some time rebonding.."