Epilogue (Part 2)

GUYS THIS IS IT

THIS IS THE LAST PART OF A WEEKEND AWAY EVER

ITS OVER

:'(

IM SO SAD.

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

A few hours later and Niall and Zayn had left to go to the party, leaving Gem and Liam in the movie room watching Friends, because who doesn’t like a good old friends marathon, while Louis and I were up in my room sorting through my stuff.

“Hey, what’s this?” Louis asked me, picking up something from my desk.

I couldn’t quite see what though, I was folding clothes and putting them into my suitcase.

“What’s what?” I asked, not looking up.

“This.” Louis replied walking over to where I was on the bed and sitting in front of me with the envelope in his hands. “Its from London Uni. Why haven’t you opened it?”

I gulped.

I had found it in the letterbox when I got home and tried to forget about it.

I knew what it was and quite frankly, I was terrified.

It was going to tell me whether or not I was accepted and if I wasn’t…. Well I was scared about what I would do.

“Um, I don’t know.” I replied, looking down.

“Harry,” he told me, titling his head to the side. “You need to open it.”

“I know, I know.” I whispered, unable to tear my eyes away from it.

“It’ll be okay, no matter what happens.” He reassured me. “Okay?”

I nodded and took the white paper from his hands nervously, my hands shaking.

I looked down at it and turned it over, slowly tearing it open to reveal the letter.

I pulled it out, opened it up and started reading.

I felt Louis put his hands on my knees as he looked at my face, searching for my reaction.

“Dear Mr Styles,” I read out loud. “We are sorry to inform you that you have been unsuccessful…” I trailed off as tears pricked my eyes.

I hadn’t made it. I didn’t get in.

I couldn’t believe what I was reading. Everything I’d hoped for was gone.

“Harry,” Louis began but I stood up and threw the letter down onto the bed sheets before leaving the room. “Harry, please-”

I slammed the door shut before he could finish and leant my back against the wall next to the door. We were the only ones upstairs so I knew I wouldn’t be interrupted by sitting there.

I slowly sunk down and brought my knees up to my ears, resting my head on my forearms and letting the tears flow free.

All I wanted was to go to the University of London and do the degree I had wanted.

I thought I had done well on my exams and achieved everything I needed to get in, but obviously I was wrong.

I didn’t want to go to another Uni, this one was in perfect walking distance from Louis’ apartment and offered the exact course I wanted.