Volume iii - Chapter 50

Louis' POV

Harry's face when he saw me outside his house was priceless.

It was so full of joy, so much more than I'd imagined it would be and I couldn't have been happier.

I was nervous about my unexpected call to his house, but it was worth it. I needed to see him.

I needed to hold him and kiss him and be with him.

And now that I had him, I was going to treasure every second I had with him.

"I love you." He said, pulling back from the kiss and resting our foreheads together as I put him down.

"I love you." I replied, pecking him quickly before taking his hand and leading him inside.

"Is your mum home?" I asked him as we walked up the steps to his front door.

"Nah, we just got home from school about half a hour ago." He replied, grinning at me.

He seemed so happy all of a sudden, swinging our hands as he looked at me.

"Why are you so smiley today?" I asked just as he opened the front door.

He shrugged and turned to be, signalling for me to go inside.

He shut the door behind us and reattached our hands.

"Well, maybe because my beautiful boyfriend is here after, like, 2 months of being away." He teased.

I smiled at him and he spun around to hug me.

"Woah." I said as I stepped backwards and caught him, laughing a little at his suddenness.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me in close, burying his face in my shoulder as he stood on his tiptoes.

"I'm sorry." He confessed, being much more serious. "I just can't believe you're actually here."

"Hey hey." I replied, rubbing his back to comfort him as I sensed his sadness. "It's okay. I'm here."

"I know." He said, pulling back and looking at me. "And I am so grateful you don't even know."

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before squeezing his hand.

"C'mon, let's go see Niall and Zayn." I suggested and he nodded.

We went down to the lounge room to find Niall and Zayn sitting on the couch.

Zayn was laughing as Niall wiped his eyes, a huge smile covering his face.

"You dick!" Niall exclaimed, playfully pushing Zayn's shoulder as Harry and I watched from the doorway.

"Oh my god..." Niall continued as he started laughing.

"It's good to see you too!" Zayn joked. "By the way."

"Of course it's good to see you, you dolt." Niall rolled his eyes. "You just scared the shit out of me! Just coming in here and jumping on me! I thought you were a murderer."

"A murderer? Really?" Zayn laughed.

"Or something like that! You can't just run at someone and scare them like that." Niall laughed along, clearly pleasantly surprised.

"I'm sorry." Zayn said, still laughing a little. "But c'mon. That was great."

"Well, it certainly made my day." Niall replied, leaning in to kiss him.

He wrapped his arms around Niall's neck and Zayn's went straight to Niall's waist as he pulled the blonde boy close and kissed him for what seemed like the first time in forever.