Volume ii - Chapter 35

Louis' POV

We had all returned from the lake just before it turned completely dark and were sitting around the fire, telling funny stories and reminiscing.

The lake was incredible. It was absolutely gorgeous and I don't know why I didn't want to go. I loved it, especially with Harry there. It just made it all so much more special.

Because I think I might love him. I know I just made a pretty big deal out of Harry saying he loved me, but I really think I could be in love with him.

Truly.

"...and then we woke up the next morning and his mum walked in on us all lying on the floor like dead people. She was so freaked out! It was so funny." Zayn finished.

"And that was the last time I drank Tequila." I added, laughing to try and cover up my flustered face.

"Oh man, that was a great night." Liam shook his head as he remembered, smiling at the memory.

Zayn had just completely embarrassed me in yet another drunken story and now it seemed like it was Niall's turn to share.

"Hey. Hey Lou." Niall started badgering me.

"What Ni?" I replied. He looked at me with a devilish grin from his position in Zayn's arms. He was leaning his head on his shoulder as Zayn had his arms around his shoulders.

He sat up.

"Remember that time Harry pissed himself in front of you?" he reminded us, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh my God, Niall!" Harry exclaimed from my lap. He was lying across me like he was this morning, his head in my lap as I played with his hair. Up until Niall's last comment he was humming contentedly, but now he had his hands covering his face.

Everyone started laughing, including Harry but I think he was really embarrassed. Well at least he's being a good sport and laughing at himself.

"Oh my God, YES!" Gemma exclaimed, doubled over in laughter. "That was hilarious!"

"I didn't piss myself!" he protested. "I just dropped my drink in my lap."

"Because you were so nervous that Lou was coming over," Niall replied. "Mate, he's not all that. Trust me. I live with him. I see him burp and fart on a daily basis."

"Niall!" I chastised, it being my turn to be embarrassed.

"Oh my God," Liam choked out in between laughs.

"Jesus, Niall." I shook my head.

"No, no. Just Niall is fine." Niall replied. "Jesus is a little too formal."

And at that we all cracked up laughing again.

"I'll get the marshmallow," Harry announced as he climbed off my lap and walked towards the food stash.

"Here, I'll help." I added, getting weird looks from the other. "What?" I replied, seeing their faces.

They just shook their heads at me.

So I like spending time with my boyfriend? What's the big deal?

Oh wait. He's not my boyfriend. Or is he?

That's the big deal.

I should probably fix that.

I sighed as I walked over to Harry who was rummaging through a bag on the table.

"Hey sweetums," I hummed in Harry's ear as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I felt him vibrate as he laughed. "I can't pull that off, can I?"

"No, you really can't." He replied, turning around in my arms with the bag of marshmallows in his hands.