Volume ii - Chapter 33

Harry's POV

We decided to just sit around the campsite for the whole day, just being lazy and having fun. After all, it was a pretty mild day and we were all tired from the previous days anyway.

Liam and Gemma eventually came and joined Niall, Louis and I, along with a very grumpy Zayn at around midday, though Niall was quick to cheer him up.

He kissed him on the cheek and held him tight as he sleepily climbed into his lap and closed his eyes, returning to his sweet sleep.

I sighed as I watched them. The last time I saw Niall this happy was with his last girlfriend, Maddy. He was devastated when they broke up and cried for days. I remember holding him and trying to cheer him up, but what can you do when your best friend is suffering from a broken heart?

She was his first love and I don't think he'd ever get over her, until now.

Him and Zayn seemed so happy and I was so happy for them, I couldn't help but smile as I watched them.

Louis must have seen me because he squeezed my hand to grab my attention.

"Hey," he said with a smile.

"Hey," I replied and leant forward to kiss him lightly. He hummed against my lips and once I'd pulled back, he pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder.

I felt him kiss the top of my head as I closed my eyes.

I stayed like that and held Louis' hand tight in mine until he got up to take his hoodie off. Even then, he reattached them and gave it another affectionate squeeze before he started rubbing circles on it with his thumb.

It made me hum contentedly as I leant back in my chair and closed my eyes, finally happy with my life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little after breakfast, we realised we were running low on food. We'd only been planning to stay for the weekend so we didn't bring much and even with Liam and Zayn's additions, the food had only stretched so far.

"There's literally no food in here." Liam complained as he rummaged around through the esky.

"Babe, there's still some bread and salad. Make a sandwich." Gemma suggested from where she was sitting with the rest of us.

Liam just grumbled in response but did as she said.

"We'll go!" Louis volunteered as he looked at me with a smile and then back at Liam who was searching through the stash.

"What?" he asked, not looking up from the esky.

"Harry and I can go into the town today and grab some food." He offered again.

"Yeah alright, and remember to pick up some more ice too, so we can keep the meat fresh." Zayn added.

"Um, yeah. That might be a good idea." Liam announced as he pulled a bag out from the melted ice.

He crinkled his nose in disgust as he held it away from his body.

"This is just disgusting." He continued.

"Oh my god, Liam. Throw it away!" Niall exclaimed as he leant away from it.

It was dark brown and mushy and could have been meat at some point. I cringed as he put it into a rubbish bag and returned to his food.

"Okay, so we'll get ice." Louis confirmed with a laugh. "And something for dinner. What else?"

"Well how much longer are we planning to stay?" Zayn asked looking around the group.