Micah Bell: Little Morgan

Start from the beginning

"Thanks Arthur" you smiled at him, you really did appreciate that he wanted to protect you but you were sure that if Arthur had it his way you would be single forever.

Arthur walked away and you returned to cleaning your gun. You felt eyes on you so you looked up to find that Micah was watching you. You smiled to your self, hanging your head slightly to hide your blush, Micah noticed that and it just made him smirk some more.

-----

You had been out of the camp all day with Arthur, doing a job for Dutch. Afterwards, Arthur had taken you to the saloon for a drink to congratulate you on a job well done. You knew that Arthur knew that you were capable, he just wanted to keep you safe and protect you. You and Arthur had been as close as siblings could be since you lost your parents, then you met Dutch and Hosea, it was natural that Arthur worried about you.

Everybody had gone to sleep but you just couldn't sleep, there was still adrenaline coursing through you from the job. So you left your tent, walking over to the camp fire. You paused when you saw Micah sitting at the fire already, he hadn't seemed to notice you. You weighed your options before just deciding to join him at the fire.

You walked over to the camp fire, you didn't sit right next to Micah but you sat close enough that you could talk to him if you wanted too.

"Little Morgan? What are you doing up?" Micah asked, looking over at you with a slightly furrowed brow.

"Sorry, I didn't realise anyone else would be awake. I just couldn't sleep" you shrugged, staring into the fire.

"You ain't got nothing to apologise for, I was just asking ya a question" he muttered, turning his attention back to the fire.

"So...why are you awake, Micah?" you asked, finally looking over at him, deciding to make the most of having some time alone with him.

"Couldn't sleep either...and you shouldn't call me that, people might get the wrong idea" Micah warned you, almost playfully, as he looked back at you.

"And what's that?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"That you actually like me" he chuckled, waiting for some sort of reaction out of you.

"...maybe I do like you" you replied quietly with a soft shrug before looking away from him.

Micah looked at you with an amused smile before you both sat in silence. The silence wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't completely comfortable either. Maybe it was all in your head but there as a light tension in the air.

The cool night air blew around you, making you shiver, and you cursed yourself for not grabbing something to keep you warm. You should have brought a coat or something.

"Cold?" Micah asked, surprising you a little bit.

"Uh, yeah, a little" you nodded, not wanting to make a big deal out of it.

"Here" you heard him mumbled. You turned to Micah curiously and your eyes widened slightly when you saw him holding his black coat out to you. "Do you want it or not?" Micah asked, huffing slightly like he was pretending not to care.

"Thank you" you smiled softly as you took the coat from him, he just nodded at you.

You wrapped the coat around your shoulder, instantly feeling warmer. You smiled to yourself without even realising it. Maybe he wasn't as bad as everyone said. Maybe you weren't insane for having a crush on Micah Bell.

The pair of you sat in silence for a while, both of you genuinely enjoying each other's company even if you weren't speaking. Eventually you felt yourself growing tired so you handed him his coat back before saying your good-nights and returning to your tent. However, you didn't notice the way that Micah watched you walking away.