We spend another minute or so talking about our future before Michael bites his lip and looks behind me.

"Are you okay?" I wonder. He looks like he's either anxious or scared. I assume he's on edge because of the movie, and who can blame him? It was a well-made movie. Even I still have goosebumps on my arms.

He nods. "I'm good. Do me a favor?"

"Yeah?" I wonder.

"Turn around. Look at how cute the stuffed animals are," he tells me. It's an odd request, but I do it anyway. Several feet behind me, there's a claw machine with all sorts of stuffed animals in it. I examine the different ones for a minute before finding a cute little koala. I know at once that I want it.

Maybe it makes me immature, but I love stuffed animals. They're cute and soft, and always there to comfort you when people won't or can't be.

"Michael, I want-"

I turn around to see him kneeling. One knee is on the ground, and it takes me about three seconds to realize there's a small, navy blue velvet box in his hand. It takes at least another two to realize what's going on. My eyes widen and he smiles.

"Luke Robert Hemmings." He starts. Multiple people are watching us, which would make me uncomfortable any other time. Right now, I'm just so thrilled that I can't bother to care. "I love you so much. More than anything in this world. You are my best friend, my love, my everything."

I start tearing up, but he keeps eye contact and continues. "I wouldn't be here without you, and I can't imagine ever living without you. You're my future, I have no doubt whatsoever. I want you for the rest of my life, every day. Will you marry me?"

He opens the box to reveal the ring, but I can't focus on it right now. I stare into my boyfriend's glittering green eyes.

With tears starting to roll down my face, I nod. At first, I can't find my voice.

"Yes," I say. "Yes. Of course I'll marry you. I love you so much."

He grins and pulls the promise ring from my finger. He replaces it with my new engagement ring. With that, everyone around us starts to clap. Michael stands up and kisses me.

"Thank you," he tells me. I chuckle and rise up a little to kiss him again.

He takes my hand and looks outside again.

"Are you ready to go home?" He asks. I nod.

We, like earlier, jog to the car. Since the rain is coming down harder, though, we don't manage to avoid getting wet. Michael turns on the heat as soon as we're in the car.

"Jesus. It's like it's not almost June or something," he shivers. I giggle.

"How long were you planning this?" I wonder. Looking at the ring, I'm shocked again. It's a gorgeous, sparkly diamond on a gold band. On both sides of the stone, there are a couple more tiny diamonds. It isn't too big, either, which I love. He knows me well.

"Weeks. I almost slipped and told you so many times," he laughs. I giggle.

"Now I feel awful for thinking you were cheating," I frown. He shakes his head.

"I would've thought the same thing. It's fine," he tells me.

"I can't believe I didn't know!" I laugh.

He shrugs and starts driving towards our house.

"I even called and asked your parents. I can't meet up with them, since they're several states away and all," he says. I nod.

Michael and I moved to a city near Austin three years ago, because both of us thought it was best. His parents are only an hour from us, but mine are just outside of Los Angeles.

He launches into his stories about organizing this proposal. He put so much time and effort into it. He went all out. Calum and Ashton helped him pick a ring, my mom worked with him to plan the actual thing, even my stepfather played a part by helping him with his speech.

After he tells me all the details, ending with how he had the employees play that cute song, he plays some upbeat music that we scream along with. We get home not much later, and again run inside.

As soon as we're in, I greet Pepperoni. Going into the kitchen, I notice his food dish is getting low. I refill it and change out his water. Michael goes upstairs while I do the dishes and tidy up. When that's done, I go up to our bedroom. He's sprawled across the bed, arm over his eyes. Poor guy, he hasn't slept much.

I grab a fuzzy throw blanket, unfold it, and flatten it over his body. Before leaving, I kiss the tip of his nose. I turn the light off and go to the bathroom.

For a moment, I just stare at the ring on my finger and let the facts sink in. A rush of excitement runs through me as I realize that this is happening. I really am engaged to the love of my life.

I turn on the bath water and adjust the temperature. Once it starts filling up, I add some lavender scented bubbles.

Just as I'm climbing in to the half-full tub, Michael knocks.

"You can come in!" I announce. He opens the door and then closes it behind him, looking at me.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. I'll be quieter," I promise. He shakes his head.

"You're good. You look so beautiful," his voice is a little raspy and I bite my tongue.

"Thanks," I chuckle. "Want to join me?"

He's in the bath with me in less than a minute. He rests against the back wall and pulls me in to straddle his bare lap. His lips press against mine for a brief few seconds before they drift to my jawline and neck.

"Mike," I sigh, my hands resting on his chest. His breath fans across my collarbone as he chuckles.

"I love you, baby," he says as he starts sucking the skin on my neck.

"I love you, too." I breathe, relaxing into his touch.

It doesn't end there, either.