Chapter 35 "Hasn't Been Anyone After You"

After being discharged from the hospital, Halstead has been like a mother hen watching over Shaylynn.
Finally the next day Halstead heads to the District.
Getting a shower and getting ready, Shaylynn heads out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting by Beth on the couch, Shaylynn looks at her, "You don't look as pale," she says.
"I'll be alright. How are you doing? Are they alright?" Beth asks her putting her hand on Shaylynn's stomach.
"Yeah, they're fine and so am I. I hope you're not going to try for another baby straight away," Shaylynn says.
"I'm never getting pregnant ever again!" Beth tells Shaylynn.
"You say that now but you'll change your mind," Shaylynn tells her.
"I won't!" Beth says very adamantly.
"Does Kelly know?" Shaylynn questions.
"No, not yet," Beth says.
"I'm sure you'll feel differently after a while," Shaylynn tells her.
"How long do Rob and Butch need to stay for? I mean I haven't heard from Liam since Thursday so there's no need for them to be here," Beth tells Shaylynn.
"I thought you liked having them around?" Shaylynn says laughing.
"Rob maybe but not Butch. He doesn't like my jokes!" Beth states.
"He doesn't suffer fools gladly!" Shaylynn says laughing.
"Oh, thanks!" Beth says.
"You're welcome!" Shaylynn says smiling.
Shaylynn looks at Ellie who was standing on Beth's knees, "She's getting so big already!"
"I know! She's so beautiful, look at her eye's!" Beth says.
"She's her daddy's double alright!" Shaylynn tells Beth.
Shaylynn watched as Beth kissed Ellie then Rosie wanted a kiss. Beth laughed and put an arm around Rosie.
"Mommy wants a kiss from Rosie!" Beth tells her then Rosie kissed Beth's cheek.
"She's so sweet," Shaylynn says smiling at the sight.
Hearing noises from behind her, Shaylynn turns around to see Severide walk into the living room with Butch and Rob following him when Beth's phone rings.
"It's Liam," Beth tells everyone.
"Great! I thought we'd heard the last of him!" Severide says.
"Stick him on speaker," Shaylynn tells Beth.
"Can you hold Ellie?" Beth asks Shaylynn.
"Sure," Shaylynn says as she takes Ellie.
"What can I do for you Agent Hunter?" Beth asks.
"Just to let you know Mrs. Severide, I spoke to Mark this morning on the phone. I'll be flying back to California this afternoon," Liam tells her.
Shaylynn and Butch both look at each other as Shaylynn stands up holding onto Ellie.
"Good! Because I never want to hear from you again! Because of all the stress of you harassing me, I've lost my baby and I'm blaming you for it!" Beth aggressively tells him.
"I'm so sorry," Liam tells her.
Shaylynn watches as Beth puts her phone down and Severide walks over and sits down beside her.
"Babe," Severide says to Beth.
"I'm fine," Beth tells him, "But why did he say he spoke to Mark?"
"He's obviously just saying that to play with your mind!" Shaylynn tells her.
"Why say that though?" Severide questions.
"I don't know. I need to go," Shaylynn says.
"That was a quick visit," Beth states as she wipes her eyes.
"I know, sorry. When are you back on shift, Kelly?" Shaylynn asks him.
"I'm not sure yet. A few days maybe," he tells Shaylynn.
Shaylynn gives Ellie a kiss then hands her back to Beth, "Rosie, can I have a kiss?" Shaylynn asks.
"Shit!" comes out of Rosie's mouth.
"Beth!" Shaylynn says as Beth tries not to laugh.
"I never said it!" Beth tells Shaylynn.
"Sure!" Shaylynn says looking at Rob who's trying not to laugh which made Beth laugh.
"Sorry," Beth says.
Shaylynn picks up her bag, "I'll walk you to your car," Butch tells her.
"I'll call you later, Bethy," Shaylynn tells her as she bends down kissing her on the top of the head then turns to Severide and kisses him on the top of the head, "I'll see you guys later. Bye, Rob."
"Bye, Shaylynn," Rob says.

Shaylynn and Butch walk out to her car, "What the fuck is going on?" Butch asks her.
"That's what I need to find out!" she tells him as she opens the car door, "I'll need to make a call!"
"If this gets out I don't know what if will do to her!" Butch says.
"Oh has she finally softened that black heart of yours?" Shaylynn asks laughing a little.
Butch glares at her, "I feel sorry for her losing the baby that's all!"
Shaylynn started to laugh a little more but stops realizing the situation, "Contact him and find out what he's playing at!" Butch states.
"I will!" Shaylynn says as she gets in her Ferrari, "I'll be in touch!" she tells Butch before closing the door.
She starts the car up and speeds off down the driveway, looking in her rear view mirror she watches as Butch walks back into the house.
The longer Shaylynn drives, the more pissed off she gets so she pulls over.
Getting into her bag, she takes out her phone.
"Hello,"
"You little prick! Liam just called Beth and told her he talked to you so he was going back to California!" Shaylynn says.
"And?"
"Listen you little prick! I gave you a choice, take the money I offered you or I would kill you! You picked the money! Now you're pulling this shit!" Shaylynn says pissed off.
"I'm going to have the money transferred back to you,"
"I don't want the money transferred back to me! I want you to stay the fuck away from her! If Kelly gets hurt again, I will find you and kill you for real this time!" Shaylynn says.
The line goes dead, "Fucking prick!" Shaylynn yells throwing her phone onto the passenger side floorboard when she starts to get a pain in her stomach.
Shaylynn lays her head back against the headrest and takes a deep breath in, then slowly lets it out as she rubs her stomach.