Chapter 3 "Not A Chance"

It's the night of the banquet.
Shaylynn isn't really sure about tonight as she gets ready.
After finishing her hair and makeup, she puts on her dress.

Shaylynn starts walking down the stairs. She sees Halstead's waiting at the bottom for her.
His eyes light up when he sees her, he holds his hand out to her to help her down the remaining stairs.
"You look gorgeous, Mrs. Halstead," he tells her with a huge smile on his face.
"Thank you!" she tells him smiling looking him up and down in his dress uniform, "You look pretty good yourself! Maybe we should just stay in tonight."
Halstead laughs, "Not a chance! This is all for you. Plus pretty sure it wouldn't look good to stand up the President of the United States," he tells her.
"He would get over it," Shaylynn tells him moving closer.
"Oh no, we're going," he says holding her coat out so she can put it on.
Shaylynn sticks her tongue out at him, Halstead laughs at her.

~~~~~~~~

After dropping Jacquelyn off at Beth and Severide's, they arrive at the banquet hall.
They check their coats and walk in where they see there's a huge 'Kelton for Mayor' banner hanging up.
They see Hank sitting in a chair and walk over to him.

Hank sees Shaylynn, smiles, stands up, and walks up to her, "You look beautiful!" he says kissing her on the cheek

"Thank you," she tells him.
Hank looks at Halstead, "Mind if I steal her for a little while?"
"As long as you bring her back to me," Halstead tells him then kisses Shaylynn.
Hank puts his arm out to her. She slips her arm through his and they walk away.
Halstead walks over to a high table that Upton's standing by with a drink.
"Nice to have drink hour before eating," Upton tells him as Halstead watches where Hank takes Shaylynn.
"I could do without the 'Kelton for Mayor' crap that's hanging up! He has enough nerve to advertise himself at a banquet that's not for him!" Halstead tells her pissed off.

Hank walks Shaylynn over to a group of men.
"Governor, I would like to introduce you to my daughter, Shaylynn," Hank tells him.
The Governor sticks his hand out to her, Shaylynn shakes it, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Shaylynn. Wow, you have one heck of a handshake," he tells her.
"Being a Marine and in the Special Forces, you're taught to do things like the 'boys'," she tells him.
The Governor smiles at her, "Well I hope if I'm ever in trouble, you'll be there to save me," he tells her, Shaylynn smiles at him.
Hank looks at her, "You already know Police Commissioner Randalls. This is Deputy
Superintendent Katherine Brennan and Police Superintendent Kelton," he tells Shaylynn.
Kelton smiles at her and sticks his hand out to her. Shaylynn goes to shake his hand but he instead kisses her hand.
"It's my pleasure to meet you," he tells her, his smile getting bigger as he starts looking down checking her out.
Hank keeps his eyes on Kelton as Halstead watches from afar.
"I better get her back to her husband," Hank tells the men.
"Who's your husband?" Kelton asks Shaylynn.
"Jay Halstead," she tells him.
Kelton looks at Hank, "Halstead that's in your Unit?" he asks.
"Yes," Hank says giving Kelton a glare, "Let's get you back over there before the President comes out," Hank tells her.
"It was nice meeting you, Governor, Superintendent Kelton, and Deputy Brennan. Commissioner Randalls, it was nice seeing you again," she tells them before turning around and starts walking away with Hank following behind her.
As Shaylynn walks away, Kelton keeps his eyes on her as he licks his lips.