Chapter 2 "Take Out the BAD To Protect The INNOCENT"

Arriving at the house, Shaylynn opens a little door. Behind it is a panel that she enters a code into. Standing by the door, Severide hears it unlock.
Shaylynn opens it and walks inside with Severide behind her.
He closes the door as she turns on a light, "This is the first time I've been in your new place," he says, "It's nice!"
"Thanks," Shaylynn says, "I'll go and gather things up for Jacquelyn. You can go ahead and look around."
Shaylynn heads upstairs as Severide walks into the living room.
Looking around he sees all the wood details around the door frame, windows, and ceiling.
Minutes later Shaylynn returns with a bag, she hands it to Severide, "Everything she'll need for a night is in there," she tells him, "But you might want to take the mini swing with you. Jacquelyn gets cracky you're going to find it's a Godsend!"
Shaylynn points to something behind Severide. He turns around to see a small seat sitting on the floor.
"How is that a swing?" he asks her.
"It doesn't swing pre say but makes it feel like she's swinging. You'll have to see it in action to understand," she tells him.
"Alright," Severide says.
He turns around and picks it up. Shaylynn starts walking toward the front door.
She opens it up, "Have fun tonight," she says with a smile on her face.
Severide smiles at her, "Remember what I said, whatever happened let Jay explain himself."
Shaylynn shakes her head, "I'll see you tomorrow when I pick up Jacquelyn."
Severide walks out the door. Shaylynn watches as he puts everything in his car. He gets in and drives off.
Shaylynn shuts the door. Not wanting to stick around the house, she puts on her coat, picks up her keys and phone. She then opens the front door and walks out to take a walk.

Ten minutes later, Halstead pulls into the driveway.
He sees Shaylynn's 'tank' sitting there. Thinking she's home, he hurries and rushes inside.
"Shaylynn!" he starts yelling going from room to room.
When he can't find her, he takes his phone out of his pocket and calls her. 

Walking along, Shaylynn's phone rings

She takes it out of her pocket and looks to see who's calling.
Seeing who it is, she's not quite ready to talk to Halstead so she turns her phone off. 

Worried, Halstead starts calling around to see if anyone has seen Shaylynn

After talking to a couple of people, no one has seen her.
He keeps trying.
"Hello,"
"Kelly, it's Jay. Have you seen Shaylynn?" he asks.
"Yeah, I left her at your house," Severide tells him.
"Why were you here?" Halstead asks confused.
"Beth and I are keeping Jacquelyn overnight so you and Shaylynn can have a night to yourselves. Jay, what's going on?" Severide asks him.
"Her tank's here but she isn't!" Halstead says starting to panic.
"Do you want me to come over and help you look for her?" Severide asks.
"No, I'll go out and look for her. If I don't find her, I'll call you back for help," Halstead tells him.
"Alright," Severide tells him, "She's going to show up!" he tries to reassure Halstead.
"I hope so," Halstead says, "Thanks, Kelly!"
"Anytime!" Severide says hanging up.
Halstead grabs his coat and puts it on. He puts his phone in his back pant pocket and his keys in his coat pocket then walks to the front door.
He opens it to see Shaylynn standing there.
She quickly walks in pushing Halstead back toward a wall, slamming him into it. Halstead looks at her in shock.
Shaylynn starts kissing him while she pulls his coat off.
Halstead starts helping by taking his coat off the rest of the way, then starts taking her coat off letting it drop to the floor.
Once it's off he stops kissing her, "Shaylynn, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean..." he says.
"Shut up!" she says as she grabs onto his shirt pulling on it ripping the buttons off.
Halstead gets a big smile on his face. He then pulls her shirt up over her head and starts kissing her again.
Shaylynn starts undoing his pants as she pulls him toward the living room.
As they walk to the living room they leave a trail of clothes behind them.
They make love in the living room, move onto the kitchen, then to the dining room, to the laundry room, and back to the living room finishing up in front of the fireplace.
They both lay on the floor covered in blankets breathing heavily.
"Shaylynn," Halstead says.
"SSSSHHH," Shaylynn tells him as she rolls over laying on his chest.
"No, this needs to come out," he tells her, "I'm so sorry about earlier today."
"I know," she says, "You were just doing your job. You're an excellent cop!"
Halstead doesn't know what to say, "Now there's something I need to tell you," Shaylynn says sitting up wrapping a blanket around her.
"I'm not with SWAT all the time," she tells him, Halstead looking at her confused, "I help them out at certain times but I take care of things when the justice system fails."
Halstead sits up trying to process what she's telling him, "You're an assassin?" he questions her.
Shaylynn makes a face, "I wouldn't call it that," she tells him.
He looks at her confused, "What would you call it?!"
She furrows her brow at him, "Someone who takes matters into their own hands to make sure the victims get the justice that the justice system didn't give them! That's what I call it! The justice system is fucked up! You of all people should know that with that pedophile they let walk free!"
"How do you know about that?" Halstead asks her, "I never told you anything!"
"Did you forget who my Father is?" she questions, "Jay, I do what I have to do! I take out the BAD to protect the INNOCENT! If you don't like it, I'm sorry! This is me and who I am!"
Halstead just sits there, "Jay," Shaylynn says.
He quickly puts his hand behind her head bringing her toward him and starts kissing her.
Before Shaylynn knows it they're making love again. Somehow they manage to make it down to the basement to Halstead's 'man cave'.
After they finish, Halstead runs upstairs to grab them some clothes.
He comes back down wearing his pants and hands her, her panties and the tank top she was wearing under her shirt.
"You didn't feel I needed any pants?" she asks him.
"Nope," he says smiling at her.
Halstead walks to the little kitchen that's downstairs. He gets into the refrigerator and pulls out two beers as Shaylynn walks in.
"We should have gotten these sooner," Shaylynn tells him, "We could have poured them on each other and licked it off."
Halstead wraps an arm around her waist and pulls her close, "We could still do that," he says as his phone rings.
He sits his beer down as he takes his phone out of his back pocket looking to see who's calling.
"I have to take this," he tells her walking away. 

A few minutes later Halstead comes back, "That was the Police Commissioner, it seems the President wants to hold a banquet to honor you for what you did," he tells her

Shaylynn looks at him like a deer caught in headlights, "What's wrong?" he asks her.
"I don't do this to get noticed," she tells him, "I'd rather stay under the radar."
Halstead smiles, "Too late," he says, "According to the Commissioner, this is a formal affair and we are to be in our dress uniforms."
Shaylynn smiles, "Really? I just might like this after all!"
"Why's that?" Halstead asks her.
She moves closer to him, "Because afterward, I get to strip the uniform off of you!"
He starts laughing, "We have the whole night ahead of us. What do you want to do?"
Shaylynn smiles at him, "Hot tub," she tells him taking off her tank top and starts running upstairs.
Halstead smiles, he grabs the beers and takes off running after her.