Chapter 12 "Face The Wrath"

After Connor has the tube out, Beth and Reneé walk back into Shaylynn's room.
"Shaylynn, can you hear me?" Dr. Rhodes asks her.
"Yes, I can hear you," she tells him.
"You were in a car accident," Dr. Rhodes tells her.
Shaylynn glares at him, "No shit!" she tells him, "Why else would I be lying in a fucking hospital bed?!"
Beth smiles, "She's fine!"
"I need some water, my throat hurts," she says to anyone.
Dr. Rhodes laughs a little, "Get your mind out of the gutter, Connor!" Shaylynn tells him.
Reneé hands Shaylynn a glass of water as Dr. Rhodes moves out of the way, "I called Jay while I was out there," Beth tells Shaylynn, "He's on his way in your new toy!" Beth says giving Shaylynn a look.
"What?" Shaylynn asks.
"You bought the Bugatti didn't you?" Beth asks with Reneé looking on.
Shaylynn laughs at her, "Jealous?"
"Why would I be jealous, I bought the other one," Beth tells her, "You're such a bitch!"
Shaylynn laughs at her cousin more sticking her tongue out at her.
"Ladies, can we please remember this is a hospital," Dr. Rhodes reminds them.
"Only two were made and they both end up here in Chicago!" Beth says.
"What are you two arguing about?" Dr. Rhodes asks them.
"The Bugatti La Voiture Noire," Beth tells him.
Dr. Rhodes furrows his brow, "The anniversary car that was made? You two both have one?"
"Yes," Shaylynn tells him.
Dr.Rhodes shakes his head, "You both are in for it!" he says before walking out.
"I better be getting home," Beth says.
"I'll get with you later this week. We can have a race!" Shaylynn says with a huge grin on her face.
Beth glares at her, "You were just in a car accident and now you want to race?!" she says shaking her head, "Goodbye, Shaylynn! See ya, Reneé."
"Bye, Beth!" Reneé says as Beth walks out.
Shaylynn looks at Reneé "She loves me!"
Reneé starts laughing.

~~~~~~~~~

Pulling into valet at Med, Halstead gets out of Shaylynn's car as the valet guy walks over to him.
"For both of our sakes, please be careful," Halstead tells him.
The valet guy smiles at him, "You got it," he says then gets in.
Halstead watches as Shaylynn's car drives off.
He walks into Med, toward the elevators.
As he waits, he takes out his phone.
"Jay," he hears Severide say.
"Shaylynn's going to be alright," Halstead tells him.
"That's great news, Jay," Severide tells him.
"Although she'll wish she was dead!" Halstead says.
"Why's that?" Severide asks.
"Because I picked up her new toy from O'Hare earlier," Halstead explains.
"What? Has that crazy bitch went and bought a Bugatti?" Severide questions.
"How did you know?" Halstead asks him.
"Because Beth bought the other one!" Severide tells him.
"Unbelievable!" Halstead says as the elevator door opens, "I need to go," he tells Severide hanging up.
Halstead puts his phone in his pocket as he walks into the elevator.

Stepping off the elevator into the ICU, Halstead quickly makes his way over to Shaylynn's room.
He stops right outside her room when he hears talking.
Peeking around the doorway, he sees Shaylynn sitting up in bed talking to Reneé.
He can hear Reneé telling Shaylynn about the man that was in her room.
Halstead walks into the room, Shaylynn smiles at him as Reneé looks over in his direction.
"Hi, Jay," Reneé says.
"Hey," Halstead says to her.
Reneé looks over at Shaylynn, "I better be going and face the wrath at home," she says as she stands up.
"Come here," Shaylynn tells Reneé.
Reneé walks over, Shaylynn hugs her, "Thank you!" Shaylynn tells her.
Backing up, Reneé smiles at her, "Do Adam and Kim know what Reneé did for me?" Shaylynn asks Halstead.
"Yes," he says.
"Then you won't be facing any wrath," Shaylynn tells Reneé, "Jay, why don't you take Reneé home," she tells him.
Halstead nods at her, "Let's go," he tells Reneé.
Reneé gathers up her stuff, "Bye, Shaylynn," she says.
"Bye, Reneé," Shaylynn says.
Halstead stands in the doorway, "I'll be back," he tells her.
He turns around and starts walking away with Reneé following him.

Halstead and Reneé are standing waiting as Shaylynn's car pulls up.
"So that's the Bugatti?" Reneé questions.
He looks at her surprised that she knows what it is, "How do you know that?" Halstead asks.
"Shaylynn and Beth were discussing their same purchases while Beth was here," Reneé tells him.
Halstead opens the door for her, then shuts it once she's inside.
Reneé looks around inside while she buckles her seatbelt as Halstead walks around to the driver's side.
He gets in and buckles his seatbelt, "It's really nice!" Reneé tells him.
Halstead narrows his eyes, "For 19 million it better be nice!" he says putting the car into gear.
Reneé sits there looking at Halstead sensing some hostility in his voice.

~~~~

Parking in front of Ruzek's and Burgess', Halstead gets out and walks over to the passenger side, opening the door for Reneé.
He follows her up to the door that opens before them with Burgess standing in the doorway.
She moves to the side so Reneé can walk in, Burgess looks back at Halstead, "She thinks you and Adam are going to unleash the wrath on her," he tells her.
Burgess looks at him with a sad look on her face, "I hate that she thinks that," she tells him, "I'm not happy that she skipped school but under the circumstances, I'm glad she did."
Halstead smiles at Burgess, "Just tell her that. I have to go, I need to get back to the hospital," he tells her.
Burgess looks at the Bugatti, "So that's the car," she says to him, "Adam was going on and on about it."
"Yeah, that's it," he says, Burgess noticing he doesn't sound happy.
"Adam took your truck to your house," she tells him.
Halstead looks at her confused, "How did he back to work?" he asks her.
"Kevin picked him up," Burgess tells him.
Halstead nods, "I better go. See you later."
Burgess smiles, "See ya," she says as she closes the door while Halstead walks back to the car.
He drives to the house to put the Bugatti in the garage and get his truck.

Driving back to Med, Halstead decides not to bring up the car. He doesn't want to create a scene in the hospital because he knows if he mentions it and Shaylynn picks up how mad he is over her purchasing it, that's what it will turn into.

~~~~~~~~

The character Beth belongs to Paulinemartin100

The character Reneé belongs to ChloeOgradyXo

~~~~~~~~~~

If you read Paulinemartin100's story, you WILL notice similarities from our last couple of chapters.

I KNEW she was going to be doing this because we talked about it.

She didn't take anything and try to hide it behind my back and call it her own.

Just like this chapter of mine, I messaged her and told her that I was going to be using parts from her last chapter.

I just wanted to put that out there because of the mess I've been having with others here on Wattpad.

Along with Paulinemartin100 and CholeOgradyXo, LittleAimz, and BeckyJolene are the other Authors that have my permission to use anything of mine if they so choose.

Other than those four Authors, my OCs and IDEAS are just that, MINE!