Chapter 19 "Home Invasion"

Running down the hallway, Shaylynn and Severide make it to the stairwell in the knick of time.
As soon as Severide shuts the door, the hallway becomes engulfed in flames.
Looking down, he sees that there's smoke in the stairwell below them indicating that the fire has reached the stairwell on a lower floor. He looks up to see the same thing.
"Chief, I found Shaylynn but we can't go up or down, the fire has spread to the stairwell," Severide radios.
Boden, who is back standing by Halstead, looks at him and sees the worried look on his face.
"We're going to need the aerial to get out of here," Severide says.
"What floor are you on?" Boden radios out.
"The eighth floor," Severide tells him, "I'll break the window and wave my arm so Otis knows where we are."
Boden and Halstead quickly make their way outside as Otis starts moving the aerial over to the window Severide's at.
After it's moved into position that's when they run into a problem, "That's as far as she'll go," Otis says.
Severide looks out the window to see the aerial is still two floors below them.
"We're going to have to ascend down," he tells Shaylynn, "Can you do that?"
Shaylynn glares at him, "Being with the Marines and Special Forces, I'm sure I can handle it," she tells him.
"Get me two ropes and harnesses!" Severide radios out.
Grabbing two ropes with harnesses, Tony makes his way up the aerial.
Throwing one up to Severide, he catches and hands it to Shaylynn.
Hanging back out the window, Tony throws the other bundle up at Severide.
When Severide turns around he sees Shaylynn already has the rope tied to the stair railing and the harness on.
Tying his rope to the stair railing, he puts on his harness, "I'll go first so I can keep an eye on you," he tells her.
"That's nice of you Kelly but I know what I'm doing," Shaylynn tells him seeing the expression on his face.
"And it's my job to make sure you make it out of here alive! I don't need Jay putting me in the cage like he did Beth," he tells her getting her to laugh.
"Alright, I'll follow you down," she tells him.
Severide makes his way out of the window and ascends down a little waiting on Shaylynn to come out.
Once she makes sure her sniper rifle is secure on her back she goes out the window. She starts ascending down toward Severide as everyone's looking up watching.
Shaylynn ascends down a few inches when she feels her rope is getting looser.
She looks down at Severide, "Kelly!" she yells at him pointing to her rope.
Before she knows it, her rope is falling out of the window.
She starts falling until she feels Severide's hand grasp around her's.
"I'm going to swing you over to the aerial," Severide tells her, "Are you ready?"
Shaylynn shakes her head 'yes'.
Severide pushes against the building several times to swing out far enough to get Shaylynn over far enough.
On the third push, he lets go of her, Shaylynn landing hard.
That's when he notices his rope is now becoming loose.
He starts pushing against the building again.
On his third push out, he cuts his rope and is able to grab on to the last run of the aerial. Shaylynn hurries and grabs a hold of him to help him up.
After a couple of tugs, Severide is safe.
He looks at Shaylynn, "You're pretty good at this! Sure you don't want a job on Squad?" he asks smiling.
"Nah! I'll take bullets any day over fire," she tells him smiling back.
Severide laughs, "Let's get off this. Looks like someone is waiting for you," he says seeing Halstead looking up at them.
Shaylynn looks down and sees him, "I'm sure I'm going to hear all about this," she tells Severide as they start making their way down.
"He might surprise you," Severide tells her.
They make their way down to the bottom where Halstead is waiting for Shaylynn.
He puts his hand out and helps her down off the Fire Truck.
They stare at each other for a few seconds until he pulls her to him and embraces her.
Hank walks up to Severide and extends his hand, "Thanks, Kelly," Hank tells him as they shake hands.
"It's my job," Severide tells him as Brett walks over.
"I'd like to check Shaylynn out," she tells Halstead as he still hugging her.
"Jay," Hank says.
Halstead let's go of Shaylynn, "Okay," he says as he hurries and kisses her.
Shaylynn walks away with Brett over to the Ambulance.
Halstead turns his attention to Severide, "I owe you!" he tells Severide shaking his hand.
Severide gets ready to say something but Halstead stops him, "I owe you big for saving my world!"
That's when Severide understands what Halstead's saying and nods at him.