Chapter 24 1/2 "What Happens Now"

Brianna's phone goes off letting her know she has a text.
She unlocks her phone and gets a shocked look on her face reading the text, "What's wrong?" Christian asks her.
"My clinic is on fire!" she tells him jumping up from the bar stool, "And the sprinklers aren't going off!"
"I'll take you," Christian tells her, "My car will get you faster."
"I'm staying here," Mark yells at them with Christian giving him a glare as she runs out the door with Brianna.

~~~~~~~

When they arrive at the warehouse, it's totally engulfed, "Where the hell is the fire department?!" Brianna asks Christian.
"They're not coming!" Shaylynn says coming out from the shadows with her gun on them, "What the fuck are you doing with her, Christian?" she asks him.
"She's my cousin," Christian tells Shaylynn.
Shaylynn narrows her eyes, "So everything was a setup?" she asks him, "There was nothing going on between Brianna and my husband?"
Christian doesn't say anything, "ANSWER ME!" Shaylynn demands.
"No," he says.
"You're after my money aren't you? And figured if Jay was out of the picture you would be able to swoop in?!" Shaylynn says to him.
Christian starts moving closer to her, she fires a warning shot at his feet, "I suggest you stay where you are!  The next one will be at your head!"
"What's going to happen now?" Christian asks Shaylynn.
"We're going for a ride!" she tells them both, "Walk!"
Christian and Brianna start walking over to Shaylynn's car, "Get in the trunk!" she tells them pushing a button on her key fob which makes the trunk go up.
Brianna gets in, Christian turns around and looks at Shaylynn, "What are you going to do with us?" he asks her.
"Get in!" she tells him, "Now!"
Christian turns toward the car then hurries and turns around to try and get the gun.  That is until he ends up getting pistol whipped.
"Get in the fucking trunk!" Shaylynn yells at him.
Christian turns toward the car holding his jaw, he makes his way into the trunk, Shaylynn slams the lid down onto them.

~~~~~~

.
The next day, Hank receives a call from Alexander asking how Shaylynn is, "Why are you asking me?" Hank asks him.
"Because she hasn't come into work along with Christian.  I've called them both and the calls go right to voicemail," Alexander tells him.
"I'll go and check on her," Hank says looking out his office at Halstead.
He hangs up his phone and walks out of his office until he sees Severide walk up the stairs over to Halstead.
Severide says something to Halstead who gets up and follows him to the back.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn is woken up by a buzzer that won't stop.
She looks at her screens and sees Beth at the gate holding the call button down.
"What the fuck, Beth!  Let up on the button!" Shaylynn says over the speaker.
"Then let me fucking in!" Beth tells her.
The gates start opening, Beth drives in.

Walking up to the door, Beth tries the doorknob to find the door's unlocked.
She's walks in and closes the door, "Where are you?!" Beth yells.
No answer.
"Alright, I'll start upstairs," Beth says to herself and walks up the stairs.
Walking to the master bedroom doors, Beth opens them up to find Shaylynn laying on her bed.
Beth looks on the bed and sees Shaylynn has a photo album laying by her feet that says 'Vow Renewal" on it.
"Why are you here?" Shaylynn asks her.
Beth gives her a look, "To check on you!  Uncle Hank called me and said that Alexander called him asking how you are since you didnt come into work.  Just like Christian didn't show up at work and that woman that owns the clinic hasn't been seen since her place burned to the ground ."
"Oh well," Shaylynn says.
"Have you called Jay?" Beth asks.
"No," Shaylynn tells her.
"You need to call him," Beth tells her.
"He doesn't want to talk to me," Shaylynn tells her, "Not after what happened."
Beth sits down on the bed beside her, "What happened?" she asks.
"It was a setup!" Shaylynn tells her, "Christian and that bitch set all this up!  He was trying to get to my money!"
Beth puts her phone up to her ear, "Did you get all of that?" she asks.
She smiles and hangs up.
"What did you do?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Kelly is at the District with Jay.  He had his phone on speaker so Jay heard everything you said," Beth tells her, "You need to call him now."
"I'm sure he doesn't want to talk to me," Shaylynn tells her.
Beth starts texting, she turns her phone around and shows Shaylynn, "He wants to talk to you."
A tear runs down one of Shaylynn's cheeks.
She takes out her phone and sends Halstead a text.

~~~~~~~

At the District in the locker room, Severide sits with Halstead when he receives a text from Shaylynn.
Severide sees a tear making its way down Halstead's face, "Jay, what's wrong?" Severide asks.
Halstead turns his phone around so Severide can see it.

~~~~~~~
The character Beth belongs to Paulinemartin100