A New Chapter, Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

~~~

"Eomma!"

Jimin hopped off the bus, running towards his mom at rapid speed as he dragged his luggage behind him. He was grinning from ear to ear, waving frantically at the woman Yoojung recognised at once to be Jimin's mother.

"Couldn't even walk fast with your luggage earlier, but after seeing your mom, you can run," Yoojung mumbled under her breath, before hopping off the bus and heading over, a huge smile on her face.

"Eomma! I missed you so much!" Jimin hugged his mom tight. "I haven't seen you in what, two years?"

"My son!" Jimin's mom beamed. "I was so excited to hear that you were coming back last week."

"You really didn't have to come pick us up..." Jimin pursed his lips.

"Of course I have-" Jimin's mom raised an eyebrow. "Us?"

"Annyeonghaseyo," Yoojung stepped forward hesitantly. "Auntie, it's been a long while."

Yoojung had met Jimin's mom twice in her entire life. Once when she had followed Jimin over to Seoul ten years ago, another time about five years ago, when the F4 had gone to Busan together to visit Jimin. Both times, Yoojung had known her to be an extremely bubbly cheerful woman and this time was no different.

"Eh, who-" Jimin's mom's eyes widened in realisation as Yoojung stepped closer. "Eh? Yoojung-ie?" Jimin's mom beamed, holding Yoojung's hand in hers. "It's been so long! You've grown up so much and you've become so pretty I almost couldn't recognise you!"

Yoojung chuckled slightly. "Thank you, auntie."

"Jimin-ah," Jimin's mom let go of Yoojung's hands, hitting Jimin in the arm lightly. "You didn't tell me you were bringing the F4 home? Where's the rest?"

Jimin's eyes shifted nervously, pursing his lips and glancing at Yoojung. "Um, no- eomma- it's just the two of us."

"The two of you?" Jimin's mom's eyes widened in surprise. "Why didn't the other two come along? Taehyung-ie and Jungkook-ie? I haven't seen those two in a long time, too."

"Oh..." Jimin bit his lower lip nervously. "You see..."

"Auntie!" Yoojung smiled, going up to Jimin's mom and wrapping her arms around hers. "You see... actually... Jimin and I, we're-"

"They weren't free!" Jimin intercepted quickly, giving Yoojung the look of caution as he wrapped his own arms around his mom's. He smiled at his mom, ignoring her face of complete confusion. "Yeah, they weren't free. Jungkook had some family matter and Taehyung had a table tennis competition."

Table tennis, really?

Yoojung raised an eyebrow, but Jimin gave her the look that screamed go with it! go with it! so Yoojung did.

"Ah, yes, table tennis," Yoojung managed. "Auntie, did you wait for long? Let's head home now!"

"Yeah, yeah," Jimin grinned. "Let's go!"

Jimin's mom looked highly unconvinced.

~~~

It was finally time.