The Wedding Reception, Pt. 5

The wedding reception carried on in silence.

Yoojung glared over the table at Jisoo while Jieun, who swapped places to be next to Yoojung, tried to control her best friend's emotions as she could.

Jisoo was in her own world, deep in thought. Seokjin, who usually had a great appetite, passed several dishes without even giving them a bite. He kept throwing random glances at Byulyi, whom with Taehyung's help, had managed to get most of the stains of her dress and dried it well. Seokjin seemed particularly bothered by the fact that Taehyung had taken off his blazer and placed it on Byulyi's lap as he kept glancing at it.

The rest of them had nothing much to say - they just sat there quietly, eating all the food placed in front of them. Jungkook seemed to be the one who was thoroughly enjoying the meal. The rest of them just looked like they were eating out of obligation.

"Thank you for coming to Mr and Mrs Kim Namjoon's wedding reception! This marks the end of tonight. Once again, the bride and groom would like to thank their honourable guests for coming."

That statement brought more relief to the eight of them they had expected. It was hands down, the most awkward and eventful wedding experience any of them had been at.

After bidding farewell to Mr Kim and Ms Ahn - no, Mrs Kim - they left the dining hall, going in their own separate ways.

Seokjin took the limousine home, dropping Jisoo off on the way. The whole journey was in silence, with Jisoo stealing occasional glances at Seokjin, who was staring into the tinted windows into nothingness.

Taehyung had rejected the offer to take the limousine home, insisting that he took Byulyi home. The ride home on the bus was in silence as well, though Byulyi thanked Taehyung profusely and returned his jacket before alighting from the bus when they arrived at her stop.

Jimin had offered to take the bus back home with Yoojung, but buses contained bad memories for the two, so they simultaneously bade farewell to each other and Jimin left in a hurry to catch the bus.

Yoojung and Jungkook waited outside the toilet for Jieun, since their houses were in the same direction as her. It was just left with the three of them . It was almost 11pm and most of the guests had left by now.

"What an eventful day, huh," Yoojung commented.

"It's sad to watch," Jungkook commented back.

"You seemed to be enjoying the food pretty well, in my opinion," Yoojung replied.

They both weren't even looking at each other. They were just facing the direction of the toilet, talking into the air. It was a funny sight.

"The food was good, I have to admit," Jungkook muttered.

"Pfft."

Jungkook turned to look at Yoojung all of a sudden.

"What?" Yoojung turned to look at him.

Jungkook didn't reply immediately.

"What?" Yoojung frowned.

"Are you not leaving?" Jungkook asked bluntly.

"What?" Yoojung laughed. "No, I'm waiting for Jieun so that the three of us can-" A look of realisation spread across Yoojung's face and she grinned cheekily. "Ah, I see how it is."

Jungkook pursed his lips.

"Ah, I get it, I get it." Yoojung chuckled. "I'll leave first then, Jungkook. Goodbye."

Jungkook laughed. "Bye, Yoojung."

Yoojung was about to walk away, but she couldn't miss this opportunity of hers. She walked back and punched Jungkook in the shoulder.

"Ow- what was that for?"

"Next time, just tell me if you wanna be alone with Jieun!" Yoojung winked. "I'll make myself scarce, okay?"

Then she skipped off happily. Jieun came out a while later, wiping her wet hands on the sides of her dress.

"Where's Yoojung?" She asked Jungkook, looking around for Yoojung.

"She left," Jungkook shrugged. "She was in a rush, probably. Let's go."