The Next Morning, Pt. 3

"I'm outside your house right now! Could you please hurry?"

Yoojung slammed down the phone, jumped out of bed and got ready in record speed, before rushing down to where Taehyung was, sitting on the side of the road, looking at his phone.

Next to him, Jungkook paced up and down, looking more anxious than usual. Yoojung frowned as she pushed the door open and rushed over to join the boys.

"Sure took you long enough, Yoojung," Taehyung glanced up from his phone momentarily, before looking down at it once more.

"Shut up," Yoojung scowled. "I don't want to punch your face on an important day like this."

"Why would you," Taehyung scoffed, looking back up at Yoojung, this time getting to his feet such that he now towered over Yoojung like a giant. "We agreed to meet down here at 11am. Look at the time now - it's 12pm. I literally called you 20 times, Choi Yoojung. Who's fault is it, huh?"

"I'm sorry, alright?" Yoojung sighed. "I slept late last night, so I overslept." She peered over in Jungkook's direction. "I'm sorry, Jungkook."

Jungkook either didn't hear her at all, or simply chose not to respond.

"You know how important this day is to him, Yoojung," Taehyung leaned in, lowering his voice as he spoke. "Can we promise not to argue for just one day?"

Yoojung glanced over her shoulder at Jungkook, who was looking genuinely stressed out. She turned back to Taehyung. "I know. Alright, fine. Let's lay low today, Taehyung. We can keep the fighting to tomorrow."

"Deal," Taehyung nodded. "By the way, where's Jimin?"

"Jimin?" Yoojung frowned. "How would I know? He isn't here yet?"

"Did he not stay over at your house last night?" Taehyung smirked. "I heard from Hoseok that he sent you home after the party, did anything happen between my two lovely bestfriends who are so hopelessly in love with each other? Huh? Did you guys-"

"What the-" Yoojung pinched Taehyung on his arm, trying hard not to blush as she recalled what had happened between the two of them last night.

"Ow!" Taehyung whined, rubbing his arm with a pained look on his face. "What was that for?"

"You deserve it," Yoojung rolled her eyes. "Nothing happened last night, okay? And I don't know where he is, or why he's late."

"Fine, fine," Taehyung replied sarcastically, looking down at his phone. "Even though you're blushing like mad right now, I'll trust you, Yoojung, because I know you'll never lie to your bestfriend. Anyway, I'll give him a call. Meanwhile, why don't you go talk to Jungkook for a bit? Things were so tense with him earlier I didn't even dare to approach him."

"I'm on it," Yoojung ducked away, appearing by Jungkook's side.

Jungkook didn't have much of a response. His face was awfully pale, as he fingered the necklace on his neck over and over again.

"Kook, you alright?" Yoojung said softly as she put a hand on his shoulder.

Jungkook looked up at Yoojung with a dazed expression on his face. But he nodded.

"We're here for you, alright?" Yoojung smiled reassuringly. "Do you need a hug?"

Jungkook looked up at Yoojung for a few seconds. He desperately needed a hug. "It's alright, thanks Yoojung."

Yoojung smirked. "You want a hug from someone else, don't you? Someone who's not here today?"

Jungkook just stared at the ground.