After School Plans

"What you have plans after school today?" Jungkook asked nonchalantly, not looking up from his worksheet.

It was ten minutes to the end of school.

Silence.

"Did you hear me?" Jungkook asked, this time looking at Jieun.

"Oh-!" Jieun looked up suddenly, after feeling Jungkook's gaze on her. "You were talking to me?"

"Who else?"

"You didn't call me so I-" Jieun laughed. "Never mind. What did you ask me again?"

"I asked you what you're gonna do after this."

Jieun froze. Why was he asking her this? Could he possibly be- possibly be asking her out?

"Nothing much," she said as nonchalantly as possible. "Probably gonna study a bit in the library."

Lee Jieun. What are you doing? Why did you say you were gonna study?

"I mean-"

"Oh," Jungkook said quietly. "I see."

You messed up. You definitely did. In her mind, Jieun was slapping herself a billion times, totally regretting what she said.

"Okay, then." Jungkook spoke again.

"Huh?"

"Library, isn't it?" Jungkook said nonchalantly. "I'm free after school, so let's study together."

Jieun swallowed hard. Was this really happening? She knew it was no big deal, but this was going to be her first time hanging out with Jungkook one-on-one. It made her heart beat slightly faster.

Why though? Did she really have feelings for him-

No- Get yourself together, Lee Jieun. You don't deserve him. You don't deserve anyone.

But... it's just a study session. It can't hurt-

Regardless of that, if you're starting to have feelings for him, you should end it at once-

Ring~!

The school bell finally rang, marking the end of school.

"Let's go," Jungkook stood up, his bag already packed beforehand.

"Jungkook, wait-" Jieun began. But she paused.

How was she gonna put it? I can't study with you because I think I might be starting to like you so I have to put it to an end- Urgh, that sounded so dumb when put in words. Maybe she should...

"Hm?" Jungkook looked at her, his eyes twinkling. "Anything wrong?"

Jieun hesitated, then shook her head and smiled. "No, nothing."

Never mind, next time.

"Let's go then."

Jungkook walked out of the classroom, as Jieun packed up quickly and followed behind him, waving goodbye to Yoojung and the rest.

Taehyung's eyes trailed the two as they walked out side-by-side.

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung snapped back to reality and looked up. Byulyi was standing in front of his table, already carrying her bag and waiting for him.

"Oh! I'm sorry-" Taehyung shoved his belongings into his bag hurriedly and picked it up. He laughed. "Okay- I'm ready!"

"Let's go!" Byulyi said excitedly.

"Aren't you being a bit too happy about being treated?" Taehyung laughed, shaking his head. "To think you were too shy to accept earlier- Tsk, tsk."

"Stop it..." Byulyi frowned. "I already feel bad enough."

"You must be excited about the company then," Taehyung joked, winking at her.

Taehyung and Byulyi laughed out loud, catching Seokjin's attention.

"What are you guys laughing about?" Seokjin asked, mostly looking at Byulyi.

Taehyung turned to look at his brother. "Nothing much."

"I'm ready, let's go!" Jisoo tugged onto Seokjin's arm, after she had finished packing up.

Seokjin nodded.

Taehyung turned to Byulyi. "Let's go, Byulyi."

Seokjin turned around. "You guys going somewhere?" He asked nonchalantly, but there was a tinge of concern in his voice.

"Well-" Byulyi began.

"Yeah," Taehyung said with a grin.

"Oh..." Seokjin paused for a long while. "Um... where?"

Taehyung grinned, throwing an arm around Byulyi. "That's our secret."

Byulyi fidgeted uncomfortably with Taehyung's arm around her, while Seokjin seemed oddly bothered as well.

But he smiled after a short while. "Wow... okay. Have fun then, two of you."

He whipped around, grabbed Jisoo's hand and walked out of class.

Taehyung finally took his arm off Byulyi, massaging it slightly.

Byulyi turned to Taehyung. "What was that for?"

Taehyung grinned. "A technique."

"A technique?" Byulyi raised her eyebrows. "Technique for what?"

Taehyung smirked. "You'll see one day."

Across the classroom, Yoojung, who was watching everything silently, sighed. "Wow, everything's messed up."

"What's messed up?" Doyeon asked as she walked over to Yoojung's desk, carrying her bag, all ready to leave.

"Nothing," Yoojung let out a silent laugh. "You ready?"

"Mmhmm."

"Alright then. Come on, Jimin. Let's go."