Loss and Lost, Pt. 3

Jungkook didn't know how to describe the feelings he felt that day. It was a mixture of sadness, yet acceptance, but also a feeling of emptiness he couldn't describe.

He didn't want to talk about this in front of his friends earlier, but at times like this, how he wished Jieun was by his side. Even though he knew her for less than six months, in comparison to ten years for the rest, she gave him a sense of familiarity he couldn't quite wrap his mind around.

She was warm, a great listener and never ever judged him for who he was, or wasn't. He always felt at ease around her.

But since yesterday, Jungkook hadn't talked to her yet. He'd confessed, and she'd said she'd give him an answer soon, but she never said when. From then, Jungkook had wanted to text her a billion times, but held back because he felt like that would pressure her.

But on hindsight, before she'd made her decision, wasn't it alright to text her regarding something completely unrelated? He needed her at this moment, and even if she didn't accept his feelings, she would still be by his side, as a friend.

Wouldn't she?

Jungkook fumbled around with the phone in his hand, deep in thought. His grandma was taking a nap right next to him on the sofa, so he crept slowly into his room and shut the door behind him, dialling Jieun's number and holding his phone to his ear.

Ring... Ring...

Jungkook's heart was thumping fast. He hadn't spoken to her since last night. What was the first thing he should say to her? Should he pretend that it never happened...? Or ask her if she got back home safely last night...? No, he sent her home last night. It was a long awkward silent journey, but he got her home safely. Should he ask her if she slept well? Then comfortably ease into talking about Somi...?

Beep. The number you have called is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.

Jungkook frowned, putting down his phone on his bed. Strange. Jieun had never had a track record of being unreachable. In fact, every time he called, she'd always pick up. Was she still sleeping? Ah, yes. She must still be tired.

He picked up his phone once more, typing a quick message and hitting send before flopping onto his bed, gazing at the ceiling.

Hey, Jieun. I need to talk to you. Give me a call when you're available?

~

Ding~ Dong~

Jisoo jumped at the sound of the doorbell. Her parents hadn't been home for the past three days, and her house was pretty much a mess. She was trying to do some last minute cleaning up before her guest arrived.

She hurried to the door, fixing her hair and her clothes, before unlocking the door with a smile. "Hey, you're he-"

Jisoo stopped mid-sentence, her expression changing completely as she saw the person - no, the people - standing at the door.

"Mom...? Dad...?" Jisoo swallowed hard. "What are you doing here?"

"Your dad finished his meeting in Seokcho earlier than expected, so we're back today instead of tomorrow," Jisoo's mom smiled, coming into the house and taking a look around. "I'm glad you didn't destroy the house while we were gone. In fact, it looks pretty clean."

Of course it was clean. But that wasn't the important thing right now. Taehyung was literally gonna be here any time from now and her parents didn't even know about it. They always had strict regulations towards Jisoo regarding inviting guests of the opposite gender, unless it was Seokjin. But she hadn't even told her parents about her breakup with Seokjin yet-