Prom Dates, Pt. 1

"Yoojung - lunch!" Taehyung announced when the school bell rang later on that day.

"Wait- Taehyung," Taehyung stopped short, turning around after hearing a familiar voice from behind him.

"Jennie?" Taehyung exclaimed when he saw her standing behind him. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you had a prom date..." Jennie began.

"Hm," Taehyung shrugged. "I haven't thought about that yet, haha. Why?"

"Well..." Jennie hesitated. "I was thinking, maybe, you wanna, you know... go with me to prom?"

Taehyung raised his eyebrows in surprise. "You wanna go with me?"

"Yeah, well..." Jennie laughed a little. "We got pretty close these few weeks, didn't we? You gave me a lot of support this whole time when I was going through a lot as well..."

"Oh," Taehyung hesitated, glancing at Yoojung who was smirking in his direction. "Give me a day to think about it, maybe? Sorry-"

"No, no, no-" Jennie smiled kindly. "Take your time to decide. I hope you consider it well, I'd really love to go to prom with you."

"Yeah, I think it'd be great to go to prom with you," Taehyung smiled back. "Thanks for asking, Jennie. I'll let you know about my decision tomorrow."

"Sure," Jennie smiled and she walked back to her seat silently.

"You lucky fella!" Yoojung screamed softly as she patted Taehyung's back. "You got a date with your crush!"

"Ex, Yoojung-" Taehyung corrected, glancing at Jieun. "Ex-crush."

"Does it matter?" Yoojung grinned from ear-to-ear. "You're probably over the moon right now, aren't you! Why didn't you agree immediately? Are you trying to play hard to get, Kim Taehyung?"

"Shh," Taehyung said softly. "And... I'm not as happy as you imagine, Yoojung. I told you I'm really over her."

"Ooh," Yoojung wriggled her eyebrows cheekily. "Whatever you say, then."

"Enough," Taehyung brushed her off. "I'm hungry. Hurry up guys, let's go eat."

The five of them headed to the canteen - it was one of the days when the canteen was packed to the brim like sardines. And as usual, the F5 received everyone's attention when they walked in.

"It's the F5!"

"Ah! So handsome..."

"Jeon Jungkook..."

"I actually think Lee Jieun is pretty though-"

"Marry me, Kim Taehyung!"

"I still rather F4... without Lee Jieun..."

Jieun was able to filter out the not-so-nice comments out of her head easily by now. She focused on where she wanted to go - the noodles stall, queued up, got her food and met the rest at the table, without being bothered that much by the mob of fans.

"Noodles, again?" Yoojung asked as Jieun sat down next to her.

"Had the shortest queue," Jieun shrugged and dug into her food.

"So... prom," Yoojung broached the topic when all five of them had sat down. "Who's intending to go?"

Jimin, Taehyung and Yoojung put up their hands immediately. Jieun looked at Jungkook, hesitating to put up hers.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"Jieun!" Yoojung gasped. "You can't betray me like that! You need to go so we can form a table!"

Jieun put up her hand slowly. "I guess I'll go then."

"Why?" Yoojung frowned. "Why do you sound so passive? It's prom! Be excited about it!"

"What if... I can't find a date?" Jieun finally said.

"Well..." Yoojung pursed her lips. "I'm sure you'll be able to find one with your calibre! Plus, if you really can't find one, I don't mind-"

"It's easy, I'll be your date."

The four of them turned to stare at Jungkook with their eyes wide open.

"Huh?" Jieun was the most surprised one of all.

Did he really just-

"I'll be your date," Jungkook said nonchalantly, chomping down his curry rice.

Yoojung stared excitedly at Jieun, her mouth hanging open. "Play hard to get, play hard to get," she mouthed to Jieun.

"Hm," Jieun smiled. "I'll think about it."

"Fair enough," Jungkook said nonchalantly. "Tell me when you decide, I'll only go if you're my date."

Yoojung smacked Jieun on the arm excitedly. Jieun tried hard not to smile.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, then at Jieun, not saying a single word.