John Marston: Matching Scars

Start from the beginning

"Arthur, I think something has happened to Y/N" John sighed, trying not to look too panicked but also trying to convince Arthur that something was wrong.

"Y/N will be fine, she can handle herself. You have to stop worrying" Arthur sighed as he turned to John.

"She's been missing all day and nobody knows why she left, she should be back by now, something has happened to her" John shook his head, determined to convince Arthur to help him look for you.

"How do you know that, John?" Arthur asked, trying to make his friend see sense.

"...I just know it, I can feel it, okay?" John huffed, getting more and more irritated.

"Sure, that's reliable" Arthur nodded, his voice almost mocking John.

"Arthur..." John growled slightly.

"Fine, I'll go and look for her. I'll take some people with me but you stay here" Arthur sighed, knowing that it would just be easier to just do as John asked instead of arguing with him.

"Oh, come on" John groaned, he wanted to be a part of the group who went searching for you. He was the one most concerned about you after all.

"She might just come back, you should be here in case she does" Arthur tried to reason but the real reason that he wanted John to stay at the camp was that he knew that John would start freaking out and make the search even harder.

"Fine" John sighed as he gave in. Arthur just nodded at him before walking away.

Arthur took Charles and Javier with him to go and find you while John remained at the camp, hoping that you would just ride in like nothing happened. The worst case scenarios ran through his mind. What if the law found you? What if it was the Pinkertons? What if the O'Driscolls took you? What if you were just dead somewhere? What if you never came back and he never saw you again?

-----

John spent about an hour just pacing the camp, waiting for you to come back. When he heard horses approaching, his head snapped up in that direction.

He let out a breath of relief when he saw you riding on the back of Arthur's horse, but when he saw the state of you his heart broke. You had a bandage wrapped around your calve, one wrapped around your bicep, and your shirt was soaked in blood.

"Y/N!" John called as he ran over to the horses. He reached up and wrapped his arms around your waist, lifting you down from the horse.

"Ow, John, careful" you hissed slightly, feeling the pain in piercing through your stomach.

"Sorry...what happened to you?" he asked as he placed you on the ground, holding on to your elbows to support you since you couldn't put too much weight on your injured leg.

Arthur nodded towards the camp fire, making Charles and Javier nod before following him into the camp. They thought it would just be best to leave you and John alone for a moment.

"I was hunting but some wolves crept up on me. I managed to shoot most of them before they got to me but I didn't get all of them. I managed to fight them off before they did too much damage" you explained what had happened, gripping onto his biceps to take some more weight off of your leg and to stop yourself from losing your balance.

"Why didn't you come back?" John asked and you had to pause for a moment before answering him, deciding not to mention how stupid the question was.

"Because I was loosing blood, I was in a lot of pain, I could barely move...luckily they found me. Charles took care of my wounds, just got to keep them clean now" you smiled slightly, trying to assure him that you were fine.