5. The Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

I turned around with an intention to storm out of this room, but she came forward and blocked my way, "First hear me out. I'm not asking you to get married at my place." Her voice was panicky, "I'm only asking you to wear my dress and pretend to be me just for an hour. I've to go somewhere right now. It's urgent."

My nostrils flared as I gave her an angry look, crossing my arms under my chest, "Are you dumb? Or you're just acting like one? I'm not your twin. People can easily recognize me that I'm not you. You can just call your fiancée or someone and delay the wedding and finish whatever work you need to."

I can't believe I was even arguing with her on such a scary thing. Something was definitely wrong with her.

She took out a loud, deep breath as if she was controlling herself from the outburst. She looked restless, "I'm calling Ashar, but he's not picking up his phone. Two thousand people from all over the country and even outside of it are coming for the wedding. If the bride wouldn't be on time, it will spoil the image of the two families. You don't understand how much good reputation is important for Hobsons. I'm going to put a thick veil on your face, so that no one would recognize you. Your height, weight and body shape matches with mine. No one will find out, believe me."

She was right about our weight, but not height. She was few inches taller. If anyone would find out the trick I was playing, I would go straight behind bars. Hobsons were powerful people. I could not take a risk.

"We don't have time. Just listen to me. I need to leave right now in order to return quickly. I, I have to stop someone." She begged.

I couldn't understand what could be so urgent that she was ready to take such a dangerous risk. She would be in deep trouble too if someone found out the different face.

Her phone began ringing. She hissed aloud and reached for it. "Stop calling me. I'm trying to come." She shouted on the phone. Afterwards, she threw the phone back on the bed and walked back to me.

"Please help me. I've to go now. You've to just sit here in my room and act as me. And just in case if they ask you to go to the Church then listen to them. I'll come there directly, will do something with the lights there so that we could return to our rightful places. My plan is strong. No one will find out."

Strong fear was flashing in her moistened eyes. Her ballad fists were indicating her anxiety. I couldn't ignore her distressful appearance, "What's the emergency?"

She bit her bottom lip for a moment then answered, "I have no time to explain it to you. I'll tell you later. Just get ready for now. Wear my wedding dress. I'll go after making you look like a bride."

"No. This is wrong. I can't do this." I shook my head.

"Woman, I told you, I don't have time. If I won't go there, this wedding won't happen. I'm just asking you to stop this wedding from ruining. There are so many people out there."

I could be recognized easily. Why was she dragging me in her problem? I wanted to run away from here. Her dominating aura and firm voice was weakening me.

"I'm scared." I blurted out.

"Don't be." She said, grabbing my shoulders, "Just stay quite. If anyone asks you any question, try not to answer. Just an hour. Handle everything here only for an hour."

Her plan sounded safe and simple, but when it comes to following it in real, it wouldn't be easy and simple. God, what should I do?

Strong fear was taking control of my body, wobbling my legs. This whole situation was frightening me to death.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Sanaya. You don't even know my name and you are asking me to be a replaced bride for you."

Samara hissed, "I remember you by your face. I know you are a new cook of Hobsons, that's why I'm asking you to do this for me because no one can even think in their dream that you could be a bride behind the veil, I told you, trust my plan. Nothing will go wrong."

I stared at her in utter disbelief, trying to register this situation in my head because I was still not believing that the bride herself asking me to wear her wedding dress. My stomach churned at the thought. I began feeling sweaty.

Samara again pleaded to me, "If bride would not reach to the Church, this event will be a mess. You know I can go without informing anyone, but Hobsons are like a family to me. I don't want to destroy their image in front of the media. Reporters are also coming to cover the wedding. Just think, if bride wouldn't be there how journalists are going to make fun of them. Tomorrow's newspaper will be full of nasty news stories about them."

Her every argument sounded so strong, so right even I know that this crazy idea of her was not ethical. It would be a fraud. But since Hobsons family have helped me so much during that little time I started working for them. It's because of them, I was doing well financially. They were not bad people. Shouldn't I be helping them by returning the favor they gave me?

"Are you really going to come back on time?" I whispered in a very low voice that it was barely audible.

The corners of her lips lifted up into a smile, "Yes. I promise. I'll be back as soon as possible."

I didn't respond to her. My own voice stuck in my throat. Samara grabbed my hand and pulled me in front of the mirror of her dresser.

"I don't want to-"

I tried to refuse once again, but she interrupted me. She started moving a brush in my hair, "First I'll do your hair. I've to arrange the hair in a way so that your different hair color won't be noticeable. Once you'll get ready you'll get more confidence on my plan."

I guess today I was digging my own grave.