5. The Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

Giving her a light nod, I moved further and picked up all the bags in my hands. They were too many.

"Use the lift. Second floor, left side, second room." She instructed.

I wondered why Samara was here. Bride was supposed to get ready and come to the Church from her parents' home. There could be only one reason that she was maybe quite close to this family that she even choose to go to the Church from here.

Nervousness began to surround me as I followed her instructions and reached to Samara's room because it was my first time going upstairs and seeing the other portion of the mansion.

Stepping outside the lift, I witnessed a long corridor that had about ten rooms. On the right side, one could view the downward part of the mansion in one glimpse. The steel handrail was ornamented with the colorful star lights. The glass pendant lights of the whole floor were on, illuminating the entire place. This portion looked captivating with all those fancy lights.

While admiring the decorations, I walked towards the Samara's room. If I wouldn't have known the real reason of their wedding, I would've also came under the spell of this dreamy wedding. But, I knew bride and groom were not in love so its image totally ruined in my mind. Everything looks good from the outside, but from the inside they have their own agenda.

I stopped in front of the room. According to the way Katherine instructed me, this was the room where bride of the day was. I shifted the shopping bags from my one hand to the other and knocked the door with my free hand.

Few minutes passed, but no sound came from inside the room. I knocked for the third time, but there was no response. Hesitantly, I grabbed the doorknob and pushed opened the door slowly, looking inside.

"Miss Samara?"

I stepped into the room and looked around, "I'm here to deliver some bags to you. Katherine has sent them."

The room was bigger than the kitchen where I worked. It was a combination of grey and maroon colors. The curtains and furniture of the bedroom were maroon. But the floor and the walls were of different shades of grey. The color combination was unique. But the room was slightly disorganized. The clothes were scattered on the bed and some were on the floor. The wedding dress was also placed on bed, fully wrapped in plastic bag.

I felt bemused. She was supposed to be in her wedding gown by now. There was not much time left. I put the shopping bags on the floor when I started feeling pain in my arms. They were heavy.

Samara finally stepped out of the bathroom. My astonishment increased some more when I saw her in jeans and plain shirt. Her hair were falling in all direction as if she was pulling them a while ago. I could see dried tears around her eyes. Her overall appearance looked disoriented and panicky.

She gazed at me, moving her eyes from up and down as if she was checking me out. I felt uncomfortable under her intense scrutiny so I just broke the awkward silence, "Are you okay? I was here to deliver those bags to you."

She came closer to me, now studying my face. Her eyes were wandering all over my facial features. I contorted my face in confusion at her weird stares, "Umm, hey-"

"Listen, can you wear my wedding dress and be a bride on my place?" She questioned.

What?

I thought she was just joking and would burst into laughter any moment, but she didn't and stood still. Her serious face gave me cold shivers. "Are you drunk or something? What are you talking about?"

"I'm not drunk. You've to be a bride at my place." She repeated with no hesitation.

My mind suggested me to ignore that woman who was certainly out of her mind. After all, no sensible bride would say such a thing on her own wedding day. "I don't think you're in your senses right now. Whatever it is, not my concern. I'm leaving."