XXXIII. Tear In My Heart (edited)

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes but I did look at Max for an answer.

"What? No, it wasn't a dare. After, we just sat in there and talked for a bit. She's actually really cool. I vibe with her."

"Ooh, Max has a little crush," Gavin joked, causing Max to roll his eyes.

"Whatever. Talk to me when you have something, okay?" He clapped back, causing us to laugh.

"Ooh, Noah. Look, it's your man," Connor said and sure enough, parked right next to Connor was Madison leaning against his car waiting for me. As soon as our eyes met, a smile grew on my face and I walked a bit faster.

"Hey, babe," he softly said as he opened his arms for me.

"Hey," I smiled before I lifted myself up to kiss him, causing my friends to freak out. Madison smiled as he grabbed my waist as he held it a bit longer before pulling away.

"Qualcuno sta diventando audace, eh? (Someone's getting bold, eh?)" he whispered and I smiled.

"Non ho paura di mostrarti (I'm not afraid to show you off)."

He grinned and kissed my forehead before I turned in his arms to face my friends. "So you guys, this is my boyfriend, Madison. Madison this is a bit of the gang, Connor and Abbi, who you already know, this idiot is Max–"

"Hey!" Max complained.

"And this other idiot is Gavin."

"I can take that."

Madison smiled and used one hand to shake their hands and the other remained tight around my waist. "Nice to meet you," he politely said.

"You too," they said.

"Well, we'd love to stay and chat, but we gotta go," Connor said as he made his way to his car with Abbi right behind him. "Later."

"Bye," she said.

"Bye," we all waved.

"Yeah, Noah and I gotta bounce too," Madison said.

"We do?" I asked, knitting my eyebrows together.

"Yeah, I wanna spend time with you," he softly said, causing me to smile. "I missed you."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, we'll leave you two love birds to it then. Come on, Max. We gotta sort through your girl problems," Gavin said as he patted Max on the shoulder and started leading him away. Once they were out of earshot I turned to Madison.

"Do you really have something planned for me, or was that a line to get me back home faster?"

"A bit of both," Madison admitted with a smile. "So come on! The faster we get home, the faster we can get to it."

I shook my head with a chuckle though I complied and in no time I was back home. I dumped my backpack near the door before I took Madison's hand in mine and led him toward the couch. "So how was your day, baby?" I asked as I sat down and pulled him on top of me.

"Boring," he said as he adjusted his straddling position on my lap. "Classes were fine, but I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said as he started running his fingers through my hair. "A lot actually. You know, I actually talked to another closeted athlete today."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He said that I inspired him to explore himself more and not be afraid of the stigmas around being a gay athlete. We talked about safety of course, but I'm really glad I helped him, even if it's just a little bit. I think we're friends now."