1.) welcome.

i plugged in my headphones, and i clicked on my nearest album and pressed shuffle.
"let's kill this love."
it was a pretty average day in nyc. i was walking down times square, getting occasional requests to take pictures and many fangirls approaching. i politely granted their wishes and plastered on my fake smile i wore on my face 24/7. don't get me wrong, i don't think id be alive without my fans. id take a bullet for them, but i had been this way since i was about 14. stone-cold, but extremely ecstatic at the same time. i had a passion, a love for music. but, i suffer from depression. not the type of depression society portrays nowadays. i am a happy person, but i would rather be alone, crying in my room.
"why would you become an artist if you were depressed?"
i got that question a LOT. i needed a saving grace. music was my saving grace, i happened to be the lucky one that made it. i worked my ass off to be here. i am happy, aren't i? i always feel like i need more, but what more could i ASK for? i have everything a person could dream of.

my thoughts were interrupted as i grabbed the icy cold handle of the black building i was entering. my management company. i politely walked up the two flights of stairs and was greeted by my cheerful manager, steph.
"Kelsie! We have much to discuss!" she squealed as she pulled my into a tight hug. i hugged back. steph was one of the only people i had such a strong love for, like a mother.
"Hi." i quietly replied. it wasn't a very good day, until i heard the news.
"Listen sweetheart-" she began, her new jersey accent flooding the room. "-I have an amazing opportunity." i was intrigued at her gesture. "I have been in contact with a company overseas, BigHit. You obviously know them. They are thinking of a brilliant plan that would expand things widely for us. I present, a three month collaboration with the very own BTS!"
i was shocked. "BTS??", i almost freaked. don't get me wrong, i love kpop, i love bts. but a 3 month collaboration with them? oh my.
"Yes!" she exclaimed. "Sweetheart I need you to sign off on this deal ASAP. It is very important we do this.  Two of the biggest names in music today? A three month collaboration? An ALBUM? It'd be a global sensation."
i was actually amazed by the words that spewed out of her mouth. my anxiety started to fill my head.

what if they don't like me
what if they think im depressed and untalented
i have no talent
why am i here

"I'm down Steph!" i tried to say with the most excited voice i could manage.

after many phone calls, many pieces of paperwork, it was official. i, kelsie may, would be collaborating with bts. and they would be here in two weeks. two.

"Did I mention they have to stay at your house?"