26) Almost There

Lucy: "Yui Bidou? Who's that?"

Soul: "Someone I grew up with. We haven't talked in a long time. Yes she didn't approve of Maka, but she wouldn't take her."

Lucy: "But right now she is our only suspect. Where does she live?"

Soul: "She lives really far... It will take us 6 hours to drive out there."

Natsu and I nod our heads.

Lucy: "Well then we better get ready. 6 Hours? That's a long drive. We will need an rv."

Gray&Kid: "Already have one set up for you."

They both look at each other and shout

Gray&Kid: "Stop copying me!"

They leave the room, but we can still hear them bickering through the door.

Lucy: "Lets bring what we need. We won't have time to stop."

Natsu: "I'm all fired up!"

--- 2 hrs later ---

After Gray and Kid stopped arguing they found everything we need for the long drive.

Soul: "Do we have everything?"

Natsu: "I think so... Soul why do we need so many guns?"

Soul: "Yui Bidou is really strong so if we need to attack we will need as much firepower as we can."

Natsu: "Okay, let's get going."

Natsu, soul, and I all walk into the rv. Gray and Kid soon follow behind us. Now that we are all in soul starts the car and begins to drive.

I watch the signs and billboards fly by as we drive pass them. I feel a hand on my shoulder.

Lucy: "Natsu? Are you okay?"

Natsu: "Ya, I'm just worried. So much is going through my mind... I just want to keep you safe. I don't want you to get hurt."

Lucy: "Natsu, nothing is going to happen to me."

I put my hand on his cheek and smile which makes him smile.

Lucy: "As long as I'm with you I'll be just fine."

Natsu: "No, I need you to be more than just fine. I love you and this child. I don't want to feel the same pain as Soul is. I know that seems mean but..."

Lucy: "It's ok, I understand. Thank you for everything you've done."

I flutter my eyes in a sleepy way.

Natsu: "You seem tired. Get some sleep."

Natsu walks away. I lay my head on the window. The vibration of the window on my head makes it harder for me to keep my eyes open.

(Natsu POV)

Natsu: "Gray, I want you to watch Lucy for me. When we find out what happened to Maka I want you to watch her. I don't want her to be there when we get Maka."

Gray nods.

Gray: "Out of all the women that you've dated Lucy is the only one who lasted this long."

I chuckle a bit at what he said knowing it's true.

Natsu: "She is everything and more that I've been looking for. She just completes me."

(Lucy POV)

It's dark. I see no one. I'm in a small room. No windows nor furniture. The only sound is the sound of water dripping from the celling into a metal bucket.

???: "You killed me..."

I look away from the bucket turning my gaze towards the voice.

Lucy: "Please... Stay away! I didn't want to... I couldn't stop!"

Loke limps closer. He walks dragging his left leg on the ground while his right arm dangles by his side. As he come nearer and nearer I can see his face... The top right corner of his head is gone.

Loke: "You made me this way. What happens when our child asks what happened to me?"

Lucy: "Just go! Leave me alone!"

???: "Lucy?! Lucy, wake up!"

My eyes shoot open. I stare at the figure who helped me escape my horrid nightmare.

Lucy: "Thank you, Soul."

Soul: "No ploblem. If you don't mind me asking... What were you dreaming of? You kept shout for them to leave and go away."

Lucy: "Just someone I wish I had never met."

I said as I hold my stomach and cry. I look back up at Soul.

Lucy: "Where's Natsu?"

Soul: "We are taking turns driving. I've been driving for three hours so now Natsu will be driving for the last three."

I nod as I close my eyes once again. We are almost there...