Ready?

"Are you ready?" 

I looked myself over in the mirror again, for the sixth time, and nodded while smoothing down the front of my jacket. I ran my hand over my hair again, which had been smoothed back with a little bit of gel, and sighed. 

"I'm ready." 

My mom wiped a stray tear off her cheek while Charlie beamed at me. "You look great, Lyric," he said. 

"Thanks, little brother," I smiled, my insides shaking. The two of them followed me out of the room, and downstairs. I could hear music playing in the hall, and people mingling as they made their way to their seats. I took a deep breath and squared my shoulders. "Okay," I said. "Let's do this." 

I opened the doors to the hall, and everyone went quiet. They all turned to face me, and my cheeks heated up. Charlie nudged the small of my back softly and I began to walk, with my mom and my brother on either side of me. We reached the altar, where Demi, Eden and Audrey were standing, as my wedding party. Ariana's wedding party was on the other side of the altar, made up of Courtney, Alexa, and Victoria. All three smiled at me and I smiled back anxiously. My heart was sitting in my throat and my stomach was squeezing so tightly, I was either going to pee or puke soon. 

Then, Parker, Noah and Haley walked through the same door I did, each holding flower baskets. Haley led the boys down the aisle, as all three of them spread flower petals on the ground. They reached the altar and dumped the rest of their baskets on the edge, making all the guests laugh, before they sat down next to my mom and Charlie. That's when the wedding march started, and I nearly wet myself. Demi reached over and squeezed my hand comfortingly. 

There she was, in all her glory. 

Ariana Grande-Butera, walking down the aisle with her mother and brother, looking like an angel. 

I wiped a few tears from my face quickly, smiling at my beaming bride-to-be

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I wiped a few tears from my face quickly, smiling at my beaming bride-to-be. She looked absolutely stunning, and I couldn't stop myself from crying. When she reached me, she hugged me, causing our guests to 'awww' like on a TV set. 

"Why are you crying?" She whispered to me. 

"You are just so beautiful," I whispered back. Kai, who had gotten ordained before ever meeting Ariana and I, stood behind us. 

"Are we ready?" He asked us. We both nodded, and he began the ceremony. Micah was our ring bearer, walking down the aisle with Casen. Micah had insisted that his uncle Casey walk down the aisle with him, and Ariana and I simply couldn't say no to our son. 

"And now, the vows," Kai smiled. 

Ariana and I had decided to switch the traditional wedding vows for the Celtic version we had found. And so, in sync, we pledged:

"You cannot possess me, for I belong to myself. But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give. You cannot command me, for I am a free person, but I shall serve you in those ways you require. And the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand. I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud in the night. And the eyes into which I smile in the morning. I pledge to you the first bite of my meat, and the first drink from my cup. I pledge to you my living and dying, equally in your care, and tell no strangers our grievances. This is my wedding vow to you. This is a marriage of equals." Micah had already helpfully pointed out that Ariana didn't eat meat, but Ariana assured him that it was okay for us to say it in the vows. 

"You may now kiss the bride," Kai said, and I pulled Ariana towards me quickly, smashing my lips against hers. She was my wife. I was her wife. And everything was right in the world again. 

A/N: THIS IS NOT THE LAST CHAPTER but surprise !!!!!!! lyric & ariana are back bitches, & now they married n shit. ayyyyyyyyyy

(okay well i'm lying this is the last chapter but like, there's gonna be an epilogue i promise i have more to say)

(okay bye don't shoot me)