Paper Anthem Entertainment

"Time for school, time for school!" I opened one eye to see Micah jumping on the end of my bed. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Alright, I'm up," I groaned. Micah grinned and jumped off of my bed, racing into his room. I shook my head and smiled before getting dressed. I walked out to the kitchen and saw Casen standing there, texting away giddily.

"That your boyfriend?"I teased, picking up the mug of coffee he'd set out for me. Casen blushed and shushed me. "Where's the booger?"

"Don't be mean, Casey," Micah said, sticking his tongue out at Casen before sitting down at the breakfast bar and starting to eat a bowl of fruit loops Casen had set out for him.

"Don't be such a booger," Casen smiled, ruffling Micah's hair. I rolled my eyes at the two of them before I looked at Casen. "We get our office today," he smiled. I screamed and jumped around happily.

"What, momma?" Micah asked, looking at me. I grabbed his face and said, "Momma and Casey are getting our own record label. We'll have our own little building!"

"Yay!" Micah shouted as I kissed his forehead.

"Come on, slow pokes," Casen said, standing at the front door with Micah's bag in his hands. "We're gonna be late." Micah jumped down from the breakfast bar and ran to the door, grabbing his bag and running up to my car. I unlocked it and he slid into the back seat while Casen got in the passenger's seat. I climbed in the driver's seat quickly and started the car, heading towards Micah's school. 

Once we had dropped him off, Casen and I made our way to our new building. It was small, maybe three floors, and needed a paint job, and our personal touch, but it would work.

"This is perfect," I whispered. Casen squeezed my hand before we walked inside and got to work.

We spent weeks working on the building. We painted everything ourselves, sketched our logo on a few walls, set up the rooms with our equipment, until the last thing that needed to go up was our electronic sign we had ordered. Casen called the company and the two of us supervised the installation. 

"It's perfect," I whispered, standing out front with Casen after everything was done. He squeezed my hand before we hugged tightly.

"You ready?" He asked me. I nodded, and the two of us walked in together. I was so proud of what we'd done. I had only felt this was two other times in my life: once, when my son was born, and twice, when Ariana agreed to marry me. I felt a pit drop into my stomach, but I tried to push it away. 

I quickly walked over to my desk in my brand new office and sat down. Casen smiled at me from the doorway. I grinned back and said, "Let's sign some artists."

short Christmas chapter don't hate me I'm terrible w updates I know pls forgive me there's a new character coming soon & you'll either love her or hate her bye happy Christmas everyone