Let's leave Highschool behind us eh? (16)

(1 month later)

Things have been...weird. Aaron and I are still in love and all, but he’s been…distant. At first I figured it was just being back at school and him getting to see his friends again. He’s been out partying, and I’ve been getting 3am drunk phone calls about two to three times a week.

Why is he acting this way? I’ve asked myself.

I headed to my morning class, when I saw Aaron holding two burritos. Weird.

            “Morning,” He called when he saw me.

            “Hey you,” I said nervously.

He handed me a burrito and walked with me.

    “I made sure, meat free.” He went on.

            “Bean burrito for breakfast? My English teacher is so gonna hate you. Beans          give me gas.”

He chuckled.

            “So what’re your plans for tonight?” I asked.

            “Going out with the guys.”

            “Ah.”

            “What about you?”

I had nothing honestly. I was depending on him to say he had something planned for us, but I guess not.

            “I’m going out with some friends.” I lied.

            “Oh? Who?”

            “Rachel, Casey, Jon, Bonny, Stan.” Okay, so I made up the last three names.      But I made an effort to sound not so boring.

            “Jon and Stan?”

            “Yeah, they’re some buddies of mine.”

            “Oh…well. You better get to your class. Enjoy your burrito.” He kissed me and             left.

Well the elephant in the room seems to be messing with me.

2:23am. My phone rang the Gummy Bear song. It’s my gummy bear, Aaron. I groaned and answered.

            “Hey baby! How are you?!” Aaron yelled through the phone.

            “Sleeping, baby,” I growled.

            “Oh, sorry… um… Our designated driver is drunk, and we don’t have anyone to drive us…”