Chapter 11 'Plan and an invitation'

Chapter 11 ‘Plan and an invitation’

“Hermione that’s brilliant,” Harry said as Hermione finished with her explanation, “You call Dobby, Evanna and I’ll call Kreacher.”

“And why would Dobby come if I call him?” Evanna asked.

“Oh come one! You were the only Malfoy who was nice to him.”

“Well, he’s no more a servant to the Malfoys and he’s not going to come if I call him and nor do I want to call him and show any owner ship. He’s a free elf, Harry,” Evanna finished with her explanation.

“Agreed!” Hermione said from Harry’s side with a proud look on her face.

“Oh, of course you will agree, you are the founder of S.P.E.W...” Ron started.

“Ah! What do you mean by that, Ron?”

“Oh please, enough of you both... Harry just call Kreacher,” Evanna gestured to Harry as she took out her wand and said; “Muffliato.”

“Kreacher?” Harry whispered.

Just a second later; two house-elves were rolling around on the floor in the middle of the common room, one wearing a shrunken maroon jumper and several woolly hats, the other, a filthy old rag strung over his hips like a loincloth.

“Kreacher will not insult Harry Potter in front of Dobby, no he won’t, or Dobby will shut Kreacher’s mouth for him!” cried Dobby in a high-pitched voice.

“Kreacher will say what he likes about his master, oh yes, and what a master he is, filthy friend of Mudbloods, oh, what would poor Kreacher’s mistress say —?”

Exactly what Kreacher’s mistress would have said they did not find out, for at that moment Dobby sank his knobbly little fist into Kreacher’s mouth and knocked out half of his teeth. Harry and Ron both leapt out of their sitting positions and wrenched the two elves apart, though they continued to try and kick and punch each other.

Harry said, twisting Kreacher’s wizened arm into a half nelson. “Right — I’m forbidding you to fight each other! Well, Kreacher, you’re forbidden to fight Dobby. Dobby, I know I’m not allowed to give you orders —”

“Dobby is a free house-elf and he can obey anyone he likes and Dobby will do whatever Harry Potter wants him to do!” said Dobby, tears now streaming down his shriveled little face onto his jumper.

“Okay then,” said Harry, and he and Ron both released the elves, who fell to the floor but did not continue fighting.

“Master called me?” croaked Kreacher, sinking into a bow even as he gave Harry a look that plainly wished him a painful death.

But before Harry could answer; Dobby ran into a smiling Evanna who opened her arms when she saw Dobby running towards her;

“Mistress! Dobby is so happy to see you. Dobby misses you and the kindness you showed to him when he and you were in the.. t-the m-manor,” Dobby said as Evanna pulled him away and saw tears running down his cheeks. He noisily blew his noise onto his jumper.

“I miss you too Dobby,” Evanna replied blinking her eyes rapidly to get rid of the tears.

But their lovely moment was soon destroyed as Kreacher again repeated his question, seriously irritated by the scene;

“Master called me?” he spoke.

“Yeah, I did,” said Harry, “I’ve got a job for you.”

“Kreacher will do whatever Master wants,” said Kreacher, sinking so low that his lips almost touched his gnarled toes, “because Kreacher has no choice, but Kreacher is ashamed to have such a master, yes —”