Chapter 35 'Connection At Work'

Chapter 35 ‘Connection At Work’

Evanna was peacefully sleeping after a long time. But sunshine doesn’t lasts for long; her left arm started to twitch and give off immense heat. Evanna started to change her sides in sleep. Peaceful sleep changed into a disturbed one.

“I’ll get rid of it!” I think looking down at the Dark Mark.

There it is! The snake slithering and the mark heating up…

I can’t stand it anymore. But how can I cut my flesh with just an edge of a broken mirror?

But I’ll try.

I start forming a circle around the mark on my left arm.

“It doesn’t hurt much,” I think.

Red thick liquid starts trickling out of the circle. I stop cutting my skin.

Drop, drop, drop… there it is… forming a tiny puddle on the dusty floor.

I watch as it trickles down my arm and drops onto the floor. How fascinating it is! I never noticed…

Evanna suddenly got up. She wasn’t scared of the dream. She had seen enough blood in her life to not be scared of it anymore. It was the agonizing pain in her left arm.

Evanna looked down at it to find her bed sheet spotted with blood and her left sleeve dripping with it. She clenched her teeth to keep herself from screaming in agony. It felt like her flesh had been taken out.  

Evanna looked around to see everyone was asleep. She knew perfectly well what had happened. The connection had happened. She kept on biting her lower lip, not knowing what to do. The bleeding wasn’t stopping. She didn’t dare remove her sleeve and check her arm. She was expecting a horrible scene of hanging flesh covered with blood.

Evanna grabbed the bed sheet and started rolling it around her arm tightly. The pain was increasing.

“Oh stop!” she whispered, desperately clutching her arm.

The sheet was turning red as it absorbed the blood.

Evanna knew that before anyone woke up she had to reach the Room of Requirement. The pain was increasing meaning Draco wasn’t stopping encircling his mark with a broken mirror she had seen in the dream.

She hurriedly swept clean the floor with her wand to make sure there was no spot of blood, ran down the stairs of the dorm and climbed out of the portrait hole, constantly looking back to sweep away any blood that might have dripped out of the sheet and onto the floor.

She hurriedly casted the dis-illusionist charm and continued running towards the seventh floor in the light of the full moon.

Evanna didn’t care if someone heard her. She just wanted the pain to stop!

She was on the sixth floor when she stumbled over the sheet which had unrolled itself. Evanna fell down with a loud thump. The sheet fell on the floor with a thud making the blood that it had absorbed to scatter everywhere; on Evanna’s face, on the walls, on the paintings and of course, on the floor.

“Who’s there?” came a voice which was a mixture of anger and excitement.

No,” Evanna thought in panic, “Oh, no! Not Filch!

She hurriedly picked up the wet and dripping sheet and ran up the stairs to the seventh floor, her heart beating vigorously.

She had no time to clean up the bloody and fleshy mess on the sixth floor. The little energy Evanna had in herself, she used it to the fullest to clean the trail her blood was forming behind her, that Fitch which had come in her invisible view wouldn’t be able to follow her.