Chapter 29 'Draco And Evanna'

Chapter 29 ‘Draco And Evanna’

“Ah, finally you’re here!” Evanna, who had been waiting for Draco in the Room of Requirement, spoke.

“Why? For how long have you been waiting?” Draco asked as the door closed by its own accord behind him.

“For exactly five minutes! I was bored to death!” she said stamping her feet.

“Oh! That was, indeed very long,” Draco said, sarcastically. “Please forgive me. I had to come all the way from Slytherin dungeons you know.”

“Fine, fine. What’s that?” Evanna asked, pointing towards a rucksack that Draco had placed down on the floor.

“Oh that, it’s got some things we’ll be experimenting with.”

“That means?”

“You’ll get to know,” he said and walked towards the Vanishing Cabinet carrying the rucksack with him.

He opened it and brought out a cookie. He then placed it inside the cabinet and closed it. Draco closed his eyes, placed his hands on the cabinet and whispered something.

“Open it,” he instructed to a closely watching Evanna. She opened it and it wasn’t there. The cookie had disappeared! Just vanished!

“Where is it?” Evanna asked, clearly surprised and impressed.

“Gone,” Draco replied, smiling pompously.

“Gone where?”

“To the twin Vanishing Cabinet.”

“Will it be back?”

“They’ll send it,” his smile disappeared.

Evanna closed the cabinet and asked, “How will we know?”

“There will be a gust of air.”

They both sat opposite each other on the floor; waiting for the cookie to return.

Suddenly, Evanna started laughing.

“What?” Draco asked, bewildered.

“Do you remember what we did with Bellatrix once…”

“Ah! Are you talking about the time when we cut her dress from the back?”

“And she didn’t even realize. She wore it to the party in the Manor.”

“Yeah and how everyone laughed at her,” Draco laughed.

“Served her well! We didn’t even get caught.”

“We were a good team. Never opened our mouths!”

“Yeah! We still are,” Evanna replied, smiling.

It was a great feeling to see him laughing there in front of her. It had been so long that Evanna had seen him even giving a small smile.

“My cheeks hurt,” he said, rubbing his cheeks.

“Yeah! They would be out of practice.”

He didn’t reply but his smile dropped and he looked towards the cabinet.

“It’s back.”

They walked towards it and there it was! The cookie… but it wasn’t the same. It was half eaten.

“Why did they eat it?”

“Why? You had to eat it?”

“No! But why eat it?”