Chapter 32

Dinah's POV
After receiving Lauren's frantic call about Camila, I quickly made myself to her apartment building. I pulled out my key as I approached her place, but quickly put it away as I noticed the door was cracked open.

"Camila!" I called as I opened the door, gasping as I saw the mess. Broken glass rmwas everywhere, and the giant window-wall was shattered in pieces. Worried, I called out Camila's name more frantically. The qhole place was destroyed, and as I found my way to her bedroom, I saw clothing thrown everywhere. Her suitcase was gone, and so were a bunch of her clothes. At that moment I realized that no one had broken in. Camila had done this by herself.

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Lauren's number. "Hello?" She picked up on the first ring. "Lo? I think you need to come back to Camila's apartment." I said hesitantly. Camila could be reckless, and not knowing where she was scared me. "What? Why? What happened? Is Camz alright?" She questioned. "I don't know. But it's not pretty. Just hurry, alright?" And with that, I hang up.

Ten minutes later, Lauren arrives. I had already begun cleaning up the glass, but it proved to be hard. It didn't exactly help that there was blood everywhere. Lauren didn't need to know that. The gasp that came from Lauren matched the similar one from me not even an hour ago. "Where's Camila?" She asked. I stood and approached her. "I don't know. Her suitcase and a bunch of clothes are missing." I replied. Tears were streaming down Lauren's face as she entered Camila's room.

She picked up the phone from the ground that I had failed to see earlier. That would've been nice to know about before I called her a million times. I thought. The screen was shattered, clearly done on purpose, but it still turned on. The lockscreen was a picture of Camila kissing Lauren's cheek, and it really was adorable. It made Lauren sob uncontrollably, though.

"Lo, you told me to check on her cause you got into a fight, but what exactly was that about?" I asked cautiously. Before I knew what was happening, she broke down and told me the whole story about last night and this morning leading up to know.

"Shit." I mumbled. "Did she seem fragile at all? Like she would do something stupid, like drive her car off a cliff?" I asked in all seriousness. "I don't know. I shouldn't have broken up with her. If I had known how well she has been doing..." Lauren trailed off, clearly beating herself up. "We have to find her before anything happens." She snaps her head up.

"Lo, I'm going to tell you something, but you can't freak out, okay?" I ask, and she nods worriedly. "There's a blood all over the living room. Like, a lot. Probably from the glass but.... I can't be sure." I say, trying to gauge Lauren's reaction. She looks terrified at this point and I kind of regret telling her. "Oh no. Dinah, we have to find her. She has to be okay, I have to tell her that I didn't mean what I said." She speaks frantically.

Camila's POV
I was gladI had checked in. Not even two full days and I felt better, and I was sober. The nurses were nice, and although I knew I could leave at any point, I didn't. One of the nurses, Jess, and I had been getting along well. She kept me updated about a few things going on in the world.

We sat, talking, when she brought up a new trending hashtag. "It's #findcamila. Your band friends seem really worried about you from what I saw on twitter. The whole world is freaking out, and a bunch of celebrities are tweeting about you." She said, and I gulped hard. "Well, they'll know where I am in about a month from now when I check out. Who knows, maybe even sooner." i shrug. I wonder most of all if Lauren is worried. Part of me is doing this for her, so she can stop worrying about me.

Lauren's POV
I couldn't sleep without knowing if Camila was okay. I've gone to the cops and even started a hashtag, which is now trending. No one has spotted her. I checked her credit card and she hasn't spent money, she hasn't been spotted in any airports, bus stations, or train stations. She hasn't been seen for five days now, and I've been worried sick.

We found her car in the parking garage, but no sign of her. I hoped she was okay. Why would she take clothes with her if she was going to kill herself? That was the thought that kept me going. There was still doubt in my mind, maybe she did kill herself. Or someone else killed her, or kidnapped her.

I couldn't stop myself from worrying, and I couldn't sleep. Feeling helpless, I had turned to drinking. It wasn't healthy, and I knew I shouldn't, but I did anyways. Drinking, though, usually lead me to think about Camila and cry alone for hours each day and night.

Dinah's POV
With Camila gone, I had spent so much time trying to find her that I hadn't even had the chance to talk to Normani about what happened at the party. So, when she showed up out of nowhere, I decided it was time. I hadn't been able to stop worrying about Camila, and Normani's attempt to talk about what our kiss meant for us ended in me cuddled up to her, sobbing about Camila.

Ally was going crazy. She was posting missing signs everywhere, and tweeted non-stop trying to find her, but everything lead to a dead end. She was gone. Off the face of the earth. No one knew if she was dead or alive, if she was coming back or not, or if she was in the states at all anymore, though there was no airport mention of her anywhere. There were still ways for her to get around, but unnoticed? Somebody had to have seen her. None of it makes sense.