Chapter 13

Camila's POV
I got back to the hotel from the date, feet aching. I knew I shouldn't have worn heels. "Hey, you're back." I see Dinah sitting on the couch, watching tv with a sleeping Lauren's head on her lap. I smiled at how adorable she looked before Dinah cleared her throat. She slipped out from under Lauren and came over to me. I dropped the black heels I was holding by the door, and could see the tv still going silently in the dark. "Terrible. I shouldn't have agreed to that." I rubbed my forehead in frustration. "Aw, why? What happened?" Dinah asked, rubbing my back. "The date started out pretty well. He was being a gentleman. He even made me laugh. But then when I thought he was bringing me back to the hotel he brought me to another one. When I told him this, he said that we were going to 'have a little fun'. I refused and he said he wasn't driving me back until he was pleased, so I walked. After getting lost a few times I finally made it back. I shouldn't have gone on that stupid date. I should've known." I looked down and shook my head, trying to hold back tears. "Hey, don't beat yourself up over it. There's no way you could've known. He seemed so nice and genuine. Don't worry though." She smiled softly before letting go of me. "Now let's get you to bed. It's almost 1 and we have a long bus ride tomorrow." She said, guiding me to my bed. I quickly change and then laid down, exhausted.

****

"Morning, gorgeous." I heard a voice from right ahead of me. "Go away." I turned over. "Camzi, you gotta get up, we have to go." As soon as I realized it was Lauren, my eyes opened wide. "There are those beautiful brown eyes." She smiled sweetly. "Now get that cute little ass up and ready to go." She walked away. What the hell? Is she flirting with me? I thought, climbing out of bed. "Oh, you think my ass is cute?" I asked playfully, with a smirk. "Doesn't everyone, though?" She asked, zipping up her suitcase. "No. You probably don't either." I quickly looked away, suddenly feeling self-conscious. "Why do you do that?" She asks, pausing what she was doing for a moment. "Do what?" I ask, acting oblivious. "Degrade yourself so much." She shakes her head. "Well, I'm not wrong. I just prefer the truth." I say, shoving my stuff messily into my suitcase. "You want the truth? You are a beautiful young woman, with a cute ass. You could make any boy, or even girl for that matter, fall in love with your appearance and personality. And believe me when I say anyone." She says. Though I know it's not true, she's just trying to make me feel better. "Thanks for trying, Lo. But you can be brutally honest. I'm used to it." I say, zipping up my suitcase. "There, you're doing it again. You just don't get it, Camz. But don't worry. I'll help you get it." She smiles sadly at me.

I lift my suitcase and my razor blade fell. The noise it made when it touched the hardwood floor echoed and I could feel Lauren's eyes on me. My cheeks burned and I quickly picked up the item. "Um, I'm just gonna meet you in the bus." I try to walk past the green-eyed girl but she stops me by grabbing my wrist. I flinch and I can feel her tense up. She moves my sleeve up slowly and carefully to find the fresh cut from just a few hours before. "Camila, why did you do this again?" She asked, pain inside her voice. I quickly pulled away. "I'll see you in the bus." I said quietly, walking away while rolling my sleeve down and rolling my suitcase.

Lauren's POV
Camila left the room and I felt empty. I couldn't help but think that it was my fault she did it. I didn't know the reason, though. Just then Dinah walked in, bringing me from my thoughts. "Hey. You look like someone just killed your puppy." She joked. "Ok, you didn't laugh. What's up?" She asks, grabbing my wrists and staring into my eyes. "She did it again, last night while we were asleep." I looked down. "Shit. I just can't prevent her from doing it." Dinah shook her head, letting my wrists go. "It's that stupid douchebag Austin's fault." She furrowed her brows. "What?" I raised a brow in confusion. "Wait, did she not tell you what that useless piece of shit did?" Dinah asks. I just shake my head. "Basically, he took her on a nice date, and they had fun. Then he tried to get in her pants and when she refused he made her walk home, in the dark, while wearing heels. She got lost a few times and didn't make it back 'til 1 this morning." Dinah said, watching for my reaction. "Seriously?" I ask. She nods. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." I begin to storm out. "Calm down, grab your suitcase and let's go. He's not worth it." Dinah shakes her head. "Yeah, but my Camz is." I say.

After a bit of convincing from Dinah, I make my way into the bus. After putting my stuff away I find Camila in her bunk. She is obviously crying, but also she is trying to hide the noise. I move the curtain and she jumps. "Hey. Dinah told me about what happened with Austin. I'm just so sorry..." I start. "No, it's not your fault." She cuts me off. I pout my lip. "Do you need a hug?" I ask, and more tears start to spill. She nods her head.

****

"I'm gonna chop his balls off and shove them down his throat." I say angrily to Mani. Camila had fallen asleep in my arms so I left so she could rest. "Whoa there, tiger." Mani says. "Trust me, I'm fucking pissed too, but you don't need the lawsuit." She finishes. "Yeah, I know. But my Camz is worth it." I shake my head, still upset. "Your Camz? When did she become your Camz?" She asks. "She hasn't..... yet." I say. "Oh, Lauren. What do you have up your sleeve?" Mani asks. "You'll see."